Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Inside central station. Has anyone done the station tour ? I tried to book last year when I was in Glasgow but the dates didn't match when I was off , and I don't suppose there will be any tours any time soon 

12 minutes ago, stanton said:

Inside central station. Has anyone done the station tour ? I tried to book last year when I was in Glasgow but the dates didn't match when I was off , and I don't suppose there will be any tours any time soon 

Maybe they'll put on a bus station replacement tour instead.

Peter crouch saves our summer. Utterly dreadful, he's popping up all over the place. Piss off and take rio Ferdinand with you.
Honestly sounded like the worst possible thing that could be aired. Crouch may be better suited to podcasts when we can't see him. He seems sound enough but he's very awkward and uncomfortable trying to be funny on TV.

I've done it. Thought it was good. Just about the right length so it didn't become boring. Didn't have the main man with the beard. A woman who had recently joined took our tour but was very knowledgeable and got some good stories. Could be worth holding off til they complete their museum but no idea when they intend to do that.

10 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:
20 hours ago, stanton said:

I've done it. Thought it was good. Just about the right length so it didn't become boring. Didn't have the main man with the beard. A woman who had recently joined took our tour but was very knowledgeable and got some good stories. Could be worth holding off til they complete their museum but no idea when they intend to do that.

The setting up  of the museum and the artifacs in it  along with the new member of the  tour guides have been featured heavily during this series of the program , hopefully when things get back to some kind of normality I might be able to organise something 

Honestly sounded like the worst possible thing that could be aired. Crouch may be better suited to podcasts when we can't see him. He seems sound enough but he's very awkward and uncomfortable trying to be funny on TV.

The only saving grace from that cringe fest was the absolutely delicious Maya Jama. 100% WID.

In comparison with normal Saturday night TV I've seen far worse. I won't be rushing to watch it again but it seemed inoffensive enough.

On 05/06/2020 at 07:01, stanton said:

Motorway Patrol / Highway Patrol - New Zealand's & Australia's version of Police Camera Action . If the actions of the people featured on these programs weren't so shockingly serious this would be comedy gold , some of the folks on here  look as if they'd struggle to walk along the pavement unaided , never mind drive a motor vehicle 

Pretty sure this is from that show, a classic.

The Friday Night dinner promo, the Susan Calman bank adverts and the click clack one with the Irish reality non-entity are all extremely annoying.

Also a raft of children's TV shows that are terrible, the modern Thomas the Tank Engine is horrible.

Shimmer and Shine theme is an absolute banger, though.

The Friday Night dinner promo, the Susan Calman bank adverts and the click clack one with the Irish reality non-entity are all extremely annoying.
Also a raft of children's TV shows that are terrible, the modern Thomas the Tank Engine is horrible.
Shimmer and Shine theme is an absolute banger, though.
Modern Fireman Sam is awful too.

Also, a thing called Horrid Henry. Absolutely seething after watching an episode of that tbh.

Don’t talk pish you miserable git. Fantastic shows.
I loved Fireman Sam as a kid. They have massacred it. Horrid Henry is fucking horrific. I have had to sit my kids down and explain to them that they better not ever do or say anything they learned from that program

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:
Don’t talk pish you miserable git. Fantastic shows.

I loved Fireman Sam as a kid. They have massacred it. Horrid Henry is fucking horrific. I have had to sit my kids down and explain to them that they better not ever do or say anything they learned from that program

Quite the prankster is Henry.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Horrid Henry is fucking horrific. I have had to sit my kids down and explain to them that they better not ever do or say anything they learned from that program

Aye, I mind my maw having to tell me not to batter f**k out of people after eating spinach, and not to get into some stoner's van just 'cause he had a Great Dane. Give the weans some credit, FFS!

Anyone caught that Melissa & Joey show that they repeat on E4? The wean likes most things on that channel but, by Christ, that thing is awful. Incredulous that it seems to have managed four seasons and international sales.