Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

9 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Love Amsterdam so tuned into Van Der Valk. Gave it ten minutes before getting hacked off with the Cockney geezer accents.

Me too. Should have got Steve McClaren to play him.

3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I am binge watching early 90s sitcom Just Shoot Me.

Laura San Giacomo was understatedly hot.

Might not be the best time to suggest watching a programme about a plague that wipes out 99% of the world but have you seen her in 'The Stand'?

American Networks putting ratings before quality. I get it, but it's still infuriating when you like a show and discover it's been cancelled. Ray Donovan the latest one which I was fizzing about but the one I'm watching just now is The Mick featuring Kaitlyn Olson from Sunny in Philly. It's absolutely hilarious but was cancelled a few months back. Working my way through S2 and get angry every time I laugh almost because I can't figure out why people don't find it funny enough to watch.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

American Networks putting ratings before quality. I get it, but it's still infuriating when you like a show and discover it's been cancelled. Ray Donovan the latest one which I was fizzing about but the one I'm watching just now is The Mick featuring Kaitlyn Olson from Sunny in Philly. It's absolutely hilarious but was cancelled a few months back. Working my way through S2 and get angry every time I laugh almost because I can't figure out why people don't find it funny enough to watch.

On the Scrubs podcast, Bill Lawrence talks about how they got punted all over the schedule, and how the networks expected them to keep 85% of the viewing figures of the show that was on in the slot before them.  NBC weren't happy when they were only getting 60-70%, which is understandable, except they were still getting 15m viewers, and the show on before them was Friends.

BBC1 have right royally taken the piss tonight with all that eurovision pish on. 

It's bad enough being stuck in the house before they're broadcasting that pish.

Edited by Trackdaybob
Fuckin shite predictive pish.

Wife has been watching 90 Day Fiance and Love After Lock Up on TLC.   A load of pish but somehow compelling to see how gullible these twats are. One twat has spend $100K on a pay for dating site and traveled to meet his Russian "girlfriend" several times and could not understand how she has never turned up but would still like her to get in touch.

On 17/05/2020 at 07:42, Silverton End said:

Kermode & Mayo's Home Entertainment Service, Friday's on BBC4.

Lockdown viewing ideas, interviews etc.

An enjoyable half hour.

I hadn't realised they were going to be covering television too. Really decent wee show despite the limitations of them both being stuck in their respective spare rooms. 

7 hours ago, Hard Graft said:

Wife has been watching 90 Day Fiance and Love After Lock Up on TLC.   A load of pish but somehow compelling to see how gullible these twats are. One twat has spend $100K on a pay for dating site and traveled to meet his Russian "girlfriend" several times and could not understand how she has never turned up but would still like her to get in touch.

Saw something like this on Nothing to Declare, the fly-on-the-wall thing about Australian Customs. They showed a guy who had flown from America expecting to be met by his internet girlfriend whose address he didn't know. Had an engagement ring and everything, but very little cash as he was supposed to be staying with her. They rang the phone number he had but it turned out to be bogus. Not surprisingly she wasn't at the airport either so they wouldn't let him in.

6 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I hadn't realised they were going to be covering television too. Really decent wee show despite the limitations of them both being stuck in their respective spare rooms. 

Yeah, enjoyed it, good ideas & input from film makers & the viewing public.

I think Kermode had some of his favourite memorabilia on display too 😀

And it's on at a decent time, an ideal 30 minute filler.

This more shocked than annoyed or delighted me, but there's a Horizon episode about Tony Slattery on at 9pm. I haven't seen him since the Nineties, so I'd no idea what he looks like now. I heard he had a bad time of it through drugs and mental health issues, but f**k me, it's definitely taken its toll  :(

0_Tony-Slattery.jpg

Started watching Normal People. Bit perplexed at how the male lead character appears to be older than his mum. He looks about 27 and his mum can’t be any more than about 25. Seems an odd oversight with the casting but other than that it has some really well observed stuff in it. 

Edited by Shandon Par

Tried watching DEVS.  It really pissed me off.  Not sure if it was because it wasn’t nearly as clever as it thinks it is, or because the two 20 something protagonists are utterly insufferable.  I’m on episode four and I’m not sure I can go any further.  Just after finishing Taboo, which was magnificent, and Wolf Hall, which was great.

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Started watching Normal People. Bit perplexed at how the male lead character appears to be younger than his mum. He looks about 27 and his mum can’t be any more than about 25. Seems an odd oversight with the casting but other than that it has some really well observed stuff in it. 

Isn't everybody younger than their mum? 

10 hours ago, Scorge said:

I watched the Slattery documentary yesterday. It's a tough watch, to put it mildly.

There's a scene in Northern Ireland which is almost impossible to watch, but the producers seem to have known when to switch the cameras off.  It's an excellent documentary, very sensitively filmed - but as you say, not at all easy to watch.

Edit: his partner comes across as a thoroughly decent human being, as does Tony himself.

Edited by Savage Henry