Jump to content
welshbairn

Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

Recommended Posts

On 20/03/2020 at 22:03, Psychedelic said:

Kermode's Secrets of Cinema on BBC4, enjoyable as always.

Only just realised that there was a new series of this.  Watched the Superheroes one on catchup.  Utterly delightful TV.

I could listen to Mark Kermode talk about movies till the cows came home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently watched both Series of Rome with the wife. Very enjoyable, especially the tits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sjc said:

I recently watched both Series of Rome with the wife. Very enjoyable, especially the tits.

But what did you think of the programme?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Only just realised that there was a new series of this.  Watched the Superheroes one on catchup.  Utterly delightful TV.

I could listen to Mark Kermode talk about movies till the cows came home.

His show on a Friday is still one of the things I have to listen to, despite Mayo's attempts to put me off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GordonD said:

But what did you think of the programme?

I thought it was well made although my knowledge of the Roman empire history is negligible. I've since started researching it.

Those tits though....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sjc said:

I thought it was well made although my knowledge of the Roman empire history is negligible. I've since started researching it.

Those tits though....

Read the Colleen McCullough 'Masters Of Rome' series of books. Highly recommended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Read the Colleen McCullough 'Masters Of Rome' series of books. Highly recommended.

Thanks. Will look into that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched TT3D again last night on YouTube. 2010 Isle Of Man TT races focusing on Guy Martin. Not the biggest bike fan but the on bike video footage is mesmerising. Proper sporting gladiators these loonballs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

George Best: All By Himself on BBC4 last night was an excellent documentary.

Nice to see Hugh McIlvanney contributing, must have been one of the last things he did.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flicking through the daytime channels and stumbled on Tenable, a quiz hosted by Warwick Davis. His patter is unbelievably woeful and the thing's slower than a week in the jail. There are ten blank possible answers on the board and if you say Banana when the question's name ten fruits beginning with A, they go through all ten when quite clearly banana won't be there. Mind numbing.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warbird Workshop.

Guys fixing up old planes. What's not to like? 

I enjoy it anyways :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/04/2020 at 15:09, Hampden Diehard said:

Flicking through the daytime channels and stumbled on Tenable, a quiz hosted by Warwick Davis. His patter is unbelievably woeful and the thing's slower than a week in the jail. There are ten blank possible answers on the board and if you say Banana when the question's name ten fruits beginning with A, they go through all ten when quite clearly banana won't be there. Mind numbing.

The old mother in law stayed with us for a number of years and she latched onto the telly during the day and watched all these zombiefying quiz (??) shows. ITV must believe in them because they are all repeated later in the day and through the night. The only time itv is on in our house now is when the missus watches Corrie.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched all of Mrs Fletcher on Sky Comedy. The first episode wasn't up to much and some of the characters appear hard to warm to but glad I persevered. A divorcee sees her son off to college. She discovers lesbian porn and he goes from being the most popular boy in school to a total dick who is out of his depth at college. Worth watching for the ending. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 15:09, Hampden Diehard said:

Flicking through the daytime channels and stumbled on Tenable, a quiz hosted by Warwick Davis. His patter is unbelievably woeful and the thing's slower than a week in the jail. There are ten blank possible answers on the board and if you say Banana when the question's name ten fruits beginning with A, they go through all ten when quite clearly banana won't be there. Mind numbing.

I like Warwick Davis but Tenable is tedious to watch. It is slow, especially when it is a subject that the contestants clearly don't have a clue about but they still go through the entire process in the false hope that one of them might have a flash of inspiration. Mind you, if I had to name 10 fruits starting with A (apple, apricot, avocado?  .... ) I might have to take a punt on banana myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“The mum that got Tourettes"on channel 4. You have to watch it on catch up, funniest thing on television to brighten up these dark times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, supermik said:

“The mum that got Tourettes"on channel 4. You have to watch it on catch up, funniest thing on television to brighten up these dark times.

I really enjoyed it. The mum had a refreshing attitude about her situation. Think the family's sense of humour was getting them through a lot of it.

On a separate note Joe Lycett - sorry, Hugo Boss - is back with his Watchdog style show tonight. It's been missed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched Dynamo’s Beyond Belief on Sky. It was brilliant, great tricks as always but talking about his illness and recovery was what really made it special. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/04/2020 at 07:45, glassnahalf said:

The old mother in law stayed with us for a number of years and she latched onto the telly during the day and watched all these zombiefying quiz (??) shows. ITV must believe in them because they are all repeated later in the day and through the night. The only time itv is on in our house now is when the missus watches Corrie.  

ITV believe in them because they are cheap to record and repeats are even cheaper.

In America it is even worse.  They show repeats that are more than 30 years.  

"On tonight show, the winner can take home a brand new 1984 Ford Mustang".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...