welshbairn

Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

There were some decent deals on the complete Columbo box set in the lead-up to Christmas. Essential purchase.

You keep thinking you've finished watching, then right as you're about to eject the disc, you feel the need to watch just one more episode.

... and it's Dick Van Dyke as the baddie yet again! Sure it only had about 6 villains recycled, along with plot lines.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

... and it's Dick Van Dyke as the baddie yet again! Sure it only had about 6 villains recycled, along with plot lines.

...and that's welshbairn on the ignore list. Worse than t****** v*****.

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=5737013

I watched an episode of Colombo at the weekend. I had forgotten how good it is, particularly Falk but also the unusual nature of the crimes. Is it available via any of the normal streaming services?
I don't think so. You can pick up the boxset for about £30 though. I think the fact we know who the killer is gives Columbo great replay value so the boxset is well worth it.

He was only the baddie once.

There were some decent deals on the complete Columbo box set in the lead-up to Christmas. Essential purchase.

You keep thinking you've finished watching, then right as you're about to eject the disc, you feel the need to watch just one more episode.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

He's thinking of William Shatner, the uncultured heathen.

2 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

A new series of Death in Paradise starts tonight BBC1 @ 21:00

Got the basic modus operandi, not the right murderer(s) though. Losing my touch.

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Is it ever not on the telly though? Don't get me wrong, it's perfect for a hangover cure on a lazy Sunday afternoon, but I can't see the point of  box set, that's what they invented ITV3+4 for.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Mixed him up with the 3 Robert Culp was in.

MV5BMjE1NDg3NDMyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDU3Dick%20Van%20Dyke%20%20'Columbo'%20(1974

Surprised Patrick McGoohan was only in 4.

Actors who played the murderers in "Columbo"

Did anyone see Eat Well For Less earlier?

There was a youngish lassie on who was married with two kids but had never eaten anything apart from chicken nuggets, chips or really basic food.

Greg Wallace and the other guy were rightly concerned and made her try stuff. She’d never tried any fruit and didn’t know what a cauliflower was along with never trying fish or liking any spices. She had an issue with one of her kids being unwell but ffs, this is mental. Eating a grape as if it was something from another planet. 

There was a youngish lassie on who was married with two kids but had never eaten anything apart from chicken nuggets, chips or really basic food.
Greg Wallace and the other guy were rightly concerned and made her try stuff. She’d never tried any fruit and didn’t know what a cauliflower was along with never trying fish or liking any spices. She had an issue with one of her kids being unwell but ffs, this is mental. Eating a grape as if it was something from another planet. 

That programme just makes me angry. I cannot believe the families they feature can actually be that hopeless and stupid. It must be actors they rope in to astound the viewers.

Is it ever not on the telly though? Don't get me wrong, it's perfect for a hangover cure on a lazy Sunday afternoon, but I can't see the point of  box set, that's what they invented ITV3+4 for.
Seems to be the same episodes each week annoyingly. 5 Star seem to have the most but ITV4 have been showing them recently and they are ones that haven't been on the tele for a while.

On 09/01/2020 at 22:18, welshbairn said:

A few years back I got the father in law a Columbo box set. The box it came in was a large cigar box which I thought was quite cool.

F199CA2A-4313-4188-8935-01F43FDE75B8.jpeg

There's an apprentice at my work who has never tried soup. He didn't have Christmas dinner, he had chicken nuggets. I don't interact with him, he disgusts me. His parents are obviously scumbags as well.

There's an apprentice at my work who has never tried soup. He didn't have Christmas dinner, he had chicken nuggets. I don't interact with him, he disgusts me. His parents are obviously scumbags as well.

Will he manage to finish his apprenticeship before he snaps and dismembers his parents ?

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:
On 12/01/2020 at 20:06, D.A.F.C said:

Really can’t understand that way of eating. I was fascinated by it tbh. I would pay them to eat stuff on YouTube, would go viral.

This lassie hadn’t eaten a strawberry, watermelon, grapes, olives any type of fish but had two kids and seemed normal. Her mum was the same. 

Weird.

Catching A Killer on Channel 4 last night was fascinating stuff. Well worth looking up if you get the chance.