Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

From Scotland with Love (iPlayer): Documentary using archive footage with soundtrack by King Creosote. Really impressive and quite emotional at times. 
Haven't seen the film but listened to the album plenty of times!

Firstly, those stupid boom mics used on the Eurosport snooker coverage. 

Secondly, the increasing amount of channels broadcasting 'classic' tv shows when what they really mean is old repeats we've found in the cupboard. 

'Classic' Eastenders. 'Classic' Emmerdale. 'Classic' Holby City. 'Classic' Casualty.

Broadcast it if you have to but FFS, stop trying to dress it up to be something it's not. 

Some old boy went looting at the end of WW2 and his daughter is doing the the whole "we will never see their like again" bit.. The Repair Shop, BBC 1. Nicked family heirloom from someone who fought in WW1 ironically.

Edited by welshbairn

On 10/12/2019 at 22:14, ThomCat said:

From Scotland with Love (iPlayer): Documentary using archive footage with soundtrack by King Creosote. Really impressive and quite emotional at times. 

Double that up with Dirt Road to Lafayette and a couple of very large whiskies, and you're set fair for a weepy old evening.

I continued my xmas tradition of watching the Paul Calf Video Diaries yesterday.  Probably hasnt aged as well to some but I still love it..so many great lines in it...

Even some of the smaller bits...ended up texting my mate the words "lesbian fruit" and he said he got the giggles in the middle of Aldi and had to go out outside for fresh air.

But the wife watched it for the first time since it came out and couldnt understand why I still bother.

It's quite different from the million other adaptations I've seen. Enjoying it, mind. Guy Pearce is utterly repulsive which is, obviously, the point. Be interesting to see how he turns it around to become a Christmas-enthused cheerful sod at the end. (Sorry if that turns out to be a spoiler...)

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

The alternative take on A Christmas Carol is indeed excellent. 

It's almost nine decades since it first appeared on television so it's good to see the story told differently.

Bizarre to think the book was written nine decades before that!

The alternative take on A Christmas Carol is indeed excellent. 
It's almost nine decades since it first appeared on television so it's good to see the story told differently.
Bizarre to think the book was written nine decades before that!

Aye, that Dickens guy knew a thing or two about storytelling.

They kept up the standard in episode two but can’t help but think that the last episode will be rushed as there’s been no sign of the ghosts of Christmas present or yet to come.