Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On 20/07/2019 at 13:40, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Some programme about the moon on Yesterday channel. Every single conspiracy theorist seems to live in a caravan and have about 2 teeth.

The great tragedy of the internet is the people who previously would have been told to shut the f**k up by everyone around them who knew they were not so much two pieces short of a picnic as the sandwiches, the juice, the apples, plates, tablecloth and wafer-thin mints short of a picnic, now go on the internet and are surrounded by like-minded souls reinforcing their profound stupidity. It's hard to be the village idiot when the whole world is a village.

/rantover, or whatever.

Recorded the full re-run of "This Farming Life" on BBC Scotland.  Brilliant - even the 2nd time around - and since the original broadcast i've been a regular visitor to and customer of the Buffalo Farm ootside Puddledub.  Their "Desperate Dan" steak pie is to die for - altho' if you eat it all yersel, you likely will.

Hope they do a follow up series with each of the 6 farms/farmers to show how things have progressed or otherwise.

22 hours ago, GordonS said:

The great tragedy of the internet is the people who previously would have been told to shut the f**k up by everyone around them who knew they were not so much two pieces short of a picnic as the sandwiches, the juice, the apples, plates, tablecloth and wafer-thin mints short of a picnic, now go on the internet and are surrounded by like-minded souls reinforcing their profound stupidity. It's hard to be the village idiot when the whole world is a village.

/rantover, or whatever.

Did they cover 9/11 and Madeleine as well ???

The Vietnam War, 10-part series being shown on the PBS America tv channel.

Made by US filmmaker Ken Burns in 2017, I'm on episode 3, some amazing footage, newsreel & opinions of the combat, from interviews with soldiers' families, journalists who were there & also fighters from the Viet Cong, South Vietnam etc.

There's no big baws Historians talking, it focuses on the people who were there.

The US top brass knew as early as  1965 they couldn't win yet still sent thousands to their death. c***s

Some brilliant music throughout too.

Recommended

Made by US filmmaker Ken Burns in 2017, I'm on episode 3, some amazing footage, newsreel & opinions of the combat, from interviews with soldiers' families, journalists who were there & also fighters from the Viet Cong, South Vietnam etc.
There's no big baws Historians talking, it focuses on the people who were there.
The US top brass knew as early as  1965 they couldn't win yet still sent thousands to their death. c***s
Recommended
Is/was this not all Netflix?

Recommended
Is this the same one I watched on PBS last year?

2 hours ago, spud131 said:
3 hours ago, Silverton End said:
Recommended

Is/was this not all Netflix?

No idea. PBS America tv channel are showing it just now though.

Episode 1 & 2 are on this Sunday night again @ 9pm

17 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
3 hours ago, Silverton End said:
Recommended

Is this the same one I watched on PBS last year?

I have no idea of your viewing habits jimmy 😀

It's great anyway.

On 27/07/2019 at 22:21, Silverton End said:

BBC 4, last night, showed Public Service Broadcasting playing their 'Race for Space' album, accompanied by an orchestra & choir, from the Royal Albert Hall as part of the 50 years since the Moon Landings/BBC Proms Season.

Superb

Really glad I jumped into this thread, had no idea this was happening. Great stuff.

51 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

The Fort 10pm, on BBC Scotland channel last night. Documentary about Fort William FC, season 18/19, enjoyed it.

Apart from that patronising c**t off Sky TV.

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Masterchef Australia is back on Monday. Pleasing.

If their is a next season it will have new judges. Colombaris’ company got found out for underpaying staff A$8m then the Ten network gave all 3 the flick. It was only going be Colombaris but the other 2:said it’s all 3 or nothing and their bluff was called.

Masterchef Australia is back on Monday. Pleasing.
Watched one episode of that a few years back. First challenge - mystery box. Nice, I like that on the UK version. Main ingredient they had to use? Brains. Yes, brains. "Yeah I'm thinking I might just fry up slices of brain in a little garlic and rosemary and..." Switched off.