Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Couldn't see a thread for it but have been enjoying Catch 22. Horrors of war with a good bit of humour, lots of sunbathing and tasty Italian food. 
I'm enjoying it too, read the book a couple of times and watched the original film, think this is a far better adaptation, which is fair enough given they have 5 hours to fit it into rather than 2. Kyle Chandler from Friday Night Lights is superb as Colonel Cathcart.

Imagine watching a Louis Theroux documentary about the Westboro Baptist Church and going and joining the Westboro Baptist Church
I take it that it is his 3rd visit to them? Just started his 1st visit to them and am I bad person for laughing at them?

Watching Louis Theroux America's Most Hated Family in Crisis. Finding it funny that they are singing their songs/chants in the style of Queen and Lady Gaga
There's an Ozzy Osbourne one I heard a while back. Sung to the tune of 'Crazy Train' I think.

27 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
41 minutes ago, Silverton End said:
Serengeti on BBC 1.
Excellent

That heid baboon is a right b*****d!! I hoped the croc would get him.

The adult male looking after the wee orphaned guy is good though.

There's going to be a big stand-off between them next week I think

6 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

First contestant on tonight's Chase gambled, won, and put £26000 in the pot.

Last guy has gone for minus £6000, to make sure he gets through and get a share.

:guns:guns:guns

I'm a big fan of the chase, but there are a few things that really bug me when watching it these days (they are really petty, but oh well). The main one being

Bradley : you've picked option A

Contestant : I think it was option B or C

Bradley : Why did you pick option A?

Contestant : I panicked/ I'm not sure

Bradley : Option A is the correct answer

They should count that as a wrong answer :angry:

6 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

First contestant on tonight's Chase gambled, won, and put £26000 in the pot.

Last guy has gone for minus £6000, to make sure he gets through and get a share.

:guns:guns:guns

The other contestants should be able to have the final say in that scenario. Something like, sure you can take the minus £6000 offer, but the other people that get through can boot you square in the pie or baws.

9 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

The other contestants should be able to have the final say in that scenario. Something like, sure you can take the minus £6000 offer, but the other people that get through can boot you square in the pie or baws.

The prize money should be divided up according to how much each individual brought to it - in the above case the guy who got the £26,000 should go home with that, with the guy who went for the minus £6,000 giving that to the first one out of his own pocket.

22 minutes ago, GordonD said:

The prize money should be divided up according to how much each individual brought to it - in the above case the guy who got the £26,000 should go home with that, with the guy who went for the minus £6,000 giving that to the first one out of his own pocket.

The chasers often argue that the step gained in the final chase and potentially a cople of correct answers often makes it worthwhile taking the lowball offer. Effectively the difference between winning a smller number or losing a bigger one.... Just to play devils advocate.