Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

44 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

One of my all-time favourites. A masterpiece. 

This must be a Director's cut that I haven't seen before. The early humanoid sequence was much longer than I remember. Excellent!

Just finished Wellington Paranormal, the spinoff to What We Do in the Shadows. Fucking great stuff, and there's a new season coming.

Checked out the US TV show for What We Do in the Shadows as well. Improves as it goes on and is fun. Plus, Matt Berry is in it on fine form.

Casualty on Saturday night was brilliant. The episode followed Ian, the para medic, over a 2 week period as he continued his recovery after a suicide attempt. A very powerful performance by Michael Stevenson who plays him, hope he's nominated when it comes to awards time. Been watching Casualty for a lot of years and this episode is easily the best one ever imo.

Talking of The Chase did you see that woman Kathy last night? What an absolute attention seeking zoomer. Ended up winning £6.5K when her and the guy who got through scored 12 in Final Chase and Anne absolutely shat it and couldn't catch them.

Watching some shite Easyjet documentary and it started at Inverness Airport which is single story. The pilot heads up an escalator on route to security.

Is there an escalator at Inverness airport?

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Is there an escalator at Inverness airport?

Negative echo alpha bravo. Assume brace position. Editing fucked.

Edited by welshbairn

Watching some shite Easyjet documentary and it started at Inverness Airport which is single story. The pilot heads up an escalator on route to security.
Couldn't believe some of the arseholes actually being trusted to take us on holiday!! I always like to think my pilot is an ex RAF top gun who could take me to Fuerteventura in his sleep and not some halfwit fannying about like on that programme.

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 07:53, Silverton End said:

Back to Life, BBC1 10.35pm, in the old Fleabag slot on Monday night was pretty good. Woman returns home after being locked up for 18 years, no reveal of what she did in her past yet. Some nice dark humour in it.

Trust Me, BBC 1 Tuesday's at 9pm, a paraplegic soldier is moved to a hospital injuries unit somewhere in Scotland, he's also being probed about his mission back in the warzone going tits up & there is some sinister stuff going on with patients snuffing it on the ward. One nurse is a pill head, another is shagging the creepy heid doctor, played by John Hannah.

Decent enough so far, sticking with it.

been watching both these as well.

Back to life I watched all episodes on iplayer in one afternoon. Really good. Some pretty funny parts even when covering quite a dark subject. The women next door was class with some of her swearing!

Trust Me - Wasn't sure of at first but its dragged me in.   That wee Sci-Fi guys Scottish accent was doing my head in though!

sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I've really enjoyed the past two Rip It Up Scottish Music documentaries. As I'm down in England I wasn't sure when they were on but I found them on Iplayer.  I'd watched the mains eries a few months ago so was great they'd done extended shows on some of the stuff featured on the main programme.

The Chemikal Underground was great and as I was living in Glasgow mid 90s to mid 2000s it was really intersting to me to watch how Chemikal Underground developed -they really didn't know what they were doing at the start! 

The other episode centred around B&S, Franz Ferdinand, KT Tunstall and Frightened Rabbit was great too, although ultimately with Scott, heartbreaking -especially with the interview two weeks before he died.   I was also on the Stow College class that signed B&S and recorded so was interesting to see it from that point of view.

The Repair Shop on BBC 1, gem of a programme, watching restorers bring people's much loved items back to life.
Beautiful
Not seen as much of this series as the old time of 6.30 on BBC2 suited me much better, but Jesus it's an emotional watch at times.

12 hours ago, peasy23 said:
On 23/04/2019 at 20:58, Silverton End said:
The Repair Shop on BBC 1, gem of a programme, watching restorers bring people's much loved items back to life.
Beautiful

Not seen as much of this series as the old time of 6.30 on BBC2 suited me much better, but Jesus it's an emotional watch at times.

Aye, the episode where they restored the family's squeezebox/accordion, which was played in the WWI trenches by their father was very good.

I recorded "Cosmonauts" on BBC4 a couple of weeks back and only just got round to watching it. Magic! We know so much about the space race from the US side, we often forget that until the mid-60s the Soviets were easily winning that one.

Sputnik - they put a radio transmitter in it to send beeps back to the USSR to see if it was still working and to track it. The US spent millions trying to decode the beeps, worried that it contained data about their missile launch sites.