Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Don't know if there's a separate thread for What We Do in She Shadows, but the episode where they take the Baron on a night out on the town is amazing. I'm guessing quite a bit of this is adlibbed.

The scene where the Baron asks the vampires what he wants to try for the first time and Matt Berry mutters 'copropagia?'and he says pizza pie over the top of him had me in bits. Great show, loved the film too.

33 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
13 hours ago, Silverton End said:
Inspector Montalbano returns to BBC 4 tomorrow night at 9pm 8)

About bloody time! I'm currently reading one of the older books. Mimì shagging everything in sight and Montablabo raging at the Commissioner. Superb.

I have read them up to The Potter's Field, took a wee break from them though as good as they are.

Believe the episode tonight is a new one.

9 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Hmm, Inspector Montalbano or Liverpool v Spurs Champions League Final..... decisions, decisions.

I'll check the score but don't really give 2 hoots about the final tbh.

The Sons aren't in it :P

11 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Hmm, Inspector Montalbano or Liverpool v Spurs Champions League Final..... decisions, decisions.

More actual Englishmen in Montalbano.

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I wish the slapstick cop on Montalbano would be found floating face down in the Mediterranean. Right now.

Aye, catarella was a bit more prominent than usual. The italians love a slapstick character unfortunately.

It was decent enough, was a bit surprised that the people trafficking story wasn't the main theme though.

There was a really good documentary on C5 last night, 2 hours on the history of the QE2.

Watched it as my old man worked on it.

There was a section on how the launch kept having to be put back due to a combination of strikes and squirrelling (stuff that should have been bring fitted to the ship going AWOL and ending up in houses instead).

At the very last stage, when they were fitting the carpets, they unrolled a massive carpet meant for the ballroom, only to find a hole in it that was the exact size and shape of a tenement living room. It was shaped for the bay window and fireplace and everything :lol::lol::lol:

13 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

There was a really good documentary on C5 last night, 2 hours on the history of the QE2.

Watched it as my old man worked on it.

There was a section on how the launch kept having to be put back due to a combination of strikes and squirrelling (stuff that should have been bring fitted to the ship going AWOL and ending up in houses instead).

At the very last stage, when they were fitting the carpets, they unrolled a massive carpet meant for the ballroom, only to find a hole in it that was the exact size and shape of a tenement living room. It was shaped for the bay window and fireplace and everything :lol::lol::lol:

Heard about a guy going round the doors saying his gang had been renovating a local hotel and they had a lot of high quality carpet material left over, and was the householder interested in buying it? Once they'd handed over the cash the carpet was delivered okay, but when they unrolled it they found it said 'PREMIER INNS' every few feet!