• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
welshbairn

Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

23 minutes ago, ecto said:

Thing is, because Tiswas is now seen as cool and swap shop now seen as a bit naff, more people watched Tiswas

I was always a Tiswas lad.

#TiswasLoyal #CompostCorner #CondensedMilkSandwiches 

I was always a Tiswas lad.
#TiswasLoyal #CompostCorner #CondensedMilkSandwiches 
Me too

35 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Me tooemoji106.png

Did you not confess lately that you were a Space 1999 fan too, Jimmy?

Our Saturday mornings must've been identical.

Did you not confess lately that you were a Space 1999 fan too, Jimmy?
Our Saturday mornings must've been identical.
I did indeed. Loved that one too.

Watchdog covering stories like an independent car dealer selling cars with dodgy wipers and worn brake discs for around a 1000, and sending a girl who looks about 20 to claim that chemists sell diet pills to under 18s. Wish they would man up and go for Boots and Arnold Clark in a big way instead of picking on little crooks who can't afford to sue.

Switched over after the Raith/QoS match and caught the 2nd half of the Jocky Wilson documentary on BBC1.

Will source the full show on iPlayer, as what I saw looked a really good watch.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Switched over after the Raith/QoS match and caught the 2nd half of the Jocky Wilson documentary on BBC1.

I only caught the end of it too. I remember the howl that went up in the pub when he miscalculated his checkout.

Did they mention the hate mail he received because his wife's name is Malvina?

Just now, GordonD said:

I only caught the end of it too. I remember the howl that went up in the pub when he miscalculated his checkout.

Did they mention the hate mail he received because his wife's name is Malvina?

Yeah, it was touched on.

Don't know if this has been shown on TV yet but a great idea and a bit of a coup for Warburton's to get DeNiro. He reminds me of Paulie from The Sopranos at the end.

I enjoy watching Landward, especially when the lovely Ann Lundon or Arlene present a feature.

Vipond's ok too, not fussed with Euan though.

18 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Don't know if this has been shown on TV yet but a great idea and a bit of a coup for Warburton's to get DeNiro. He reminds me of Paulie from The Sopranos at the end.

Oh, I like that! But maybe not surprising that they got DeNiro on board - didn't they already do one with Stallone? And the Muppets, so clearly their advertising budget is fairly high.

Oh, I like that! But maybe not surprising that they got DeNiro on board - didn't they already do one with Stallone? And the Muppets, so clearly their advertising budget is fairly high.
That's true. The Muppets one was superb too. Hope they keep going down this route, but as you said, they must spend a shiteload on advertising.

I enjoy watching Landward, especially when the lovely Ann Lundon or Arlene present a feature.
Did you see Ann Lundon last year I think doing a series on the North Coast 500?

That's true. The Muppets one was superb too. Hope they keep going down this route, but as you said, they must spend a shiteload on advertising.
Apparently his fee was "six figures", which is surprising - I thought it would be over a million easy. I guess he only had to pitch up for one day's filming but still.

25 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

Did you see Ann Lundon last year I think doing a series on the North Coast 500?

Aye, that was on BBC Alba. Was a good series

7 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

As I thought,  a really good, and at times touching, TV biography.

Bobby George : an obvious very good mate.

John  Lowe : respectful, but lukewarm.

Eric Bristow : dislike reeking out of him.

Also included a bit on the time that Top of the Pops had Dexys Midnight Runners on, performing "Jackie Wilson Said", and they put up a backdrop of Jocky Wilson :lol::lol::lol:

I thought it was superb. Warts and all programme and seemed to be an honest portrayal of the guy; he came over as exactly what he was and was graciously thankful for what life had (eventually) given him.

Truly one of our great sporting heroes.

Bristow came over as a right cant; no surprise there. I have a love for Bobby George though.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Saw a wee bit of the programme, was it Phil Taylor that said he told Wilson that he thought he might have diabetes because he recognised some symptoms that some of Taylors family had ?

10 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Saw a wee bit of the programme, was it Phil Taylor that said he told Wilson that he thought he might have diabetes because he recognised some symptoms that some of Taylors family had ?

Yeah  that was who it was.