Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Death in Paradise. It's clear that the star killed the understudy because she was getting blackmailed for committing the murder the understudy was gaoled for. In the meantime we have a serious of unfunny vignettes to show how quirky the new lead is. (There may be a quick edit around 10pm if I'm wrong)

P.S. The older uniformed cop used to be Cat in Red Dwarf.

P.P.S. I thank you..

Edited by welshbairn

When shows have ' coming up after the break ' montages or 'coming up tonight' ones. I'm already watching the show and i have no interest in you not only ruining the best bits of it before i've even seen it, but that you've edited it to make it seem a lot more exciting than it's actually going to be.

People who need that must have such low attention spans that they cant wait 3 minutes or whatever until the show comes back on.

My girlfriend always wants to watch those bits and it hurts my soul that i could be with someone so utterly soul destroying that they enjoy watching them.

BBC1 stitching up the Naked Rambler. He's obviously a bit of a loon, but they're laying it on with a trowel.

Edit. Just watched on Sky BBC random English channel, so it's just about to start in Scotland.. Sorry..

Edited by welshbairn

The comprsion sites adverts inability to stick with a marketing campaign. Compare the market may be shit with the meerkats, but at least they have a strong direct campaign/brand going on. Confused just lurches blindly from one thing to another, Go Compare had a winner with the opera singer shouting go compare at you, everyoine (except me, what a hipster) hated that, which meant it got attention, but now they've changed into another weird holiday bus thing and you're like, 'what was that for again?' In fact, just 'what was that?!'

20 years ago when it was still fairly new and I was a kid it was pretty alright. But these days it's just a canned laughter TV show. I fucking hate canned laughter.

I don't mind canned laughter and would go as.far as to say I think some shows need it. Only Fools and Horses would be a good example. To Hull and Back just wasn't the same without the canned laughter IMO.

However, having said that I can't stand the Y.B.F. canned laughter as it appears to be on a bloody loop. One laugh in particular does ma tits in, it's a woman and it sounds like a whooping noise; f*ck off!!

What 'grinds my gears' is the coverage of football especially by Sky, because they've got 8000 cameras at the ground they feel they have to use them so every time theres anything happening on the wings they always cut to the closest camera. I have no interest in a close up view of a player throwing a ball in or beating a man and crossing a ball and missing the rest of whats happening on the pitch.

I've seen it before where the editor has to change sharpish so that we 'just' manage to see the goal. These other cameras are great for the replays, showing stuff from different angles etc. but I'm more than happy watching the overview the vast majority of the time.

Comedy Central have a new series of adverts out now: "We don't like old...we like new" showing them blowing up old paintings, bottles of wine and stuff. I saw one of these adverts during a break in the middle of a 20 year old episode of Friends the wife was watching.

I don't mind canned laughter and would go as.far as to say I think some shows need it. Only Fools and Horses would be a good example. To Hull and Back just wasn't the same without the canned laughter IMO.

However, having said that I can't stand the Y.B.F. canned laughter as it appears to be on a bloody loop. One laugh in particular does ma tits in, it's a woman and it sounds like a whooping noise; f*ck off!!

Only Fools and Horses did not have canned laughter. It was filmed in front of a live audience. It's fairly simple to tell the difference between canned laughter and real laughter.

How I Met Your Mother clearly has canned laughter. Compare the laughter tracks of that and Only Fools and the difference is notable.

Only Fools and Horses did not have canned laughter. It was filmed in front of a live audience. It's fairly simple to tell the difference between canned laughter and real laughter.

How I Met Your Mother clearly has canned laughter. Compare the laughter tracks of that and Only Fools and the difference is notable.

I can tell it must really annoy you :ph34r: