Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

13 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Pair of daft boots taking the shorter ferry in Race across the world. Tight finish to a brilliant series

Spoiler

Shows what I know. Well done Cathy and Trish. Cannie wait for series 4 in about 2030

1 minute ago, The Naitch said:

What a final episode. Over the moon with who won.

Celeb version coming later this year - hope they don’t ruin it.

Optimistic it'll be great. 24 countries sounds great, must be a Western Europe to East Asia like series 1. 

If the Pritchard brothers are on it I'll be writing an angry letter to the Herald

34 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Pair of daft boots taking the shorter ferry in Race across the world. Tight finish to a brilliant series

I said the same at the time. It looked a stupid decision but in the end it won them the race.

On 10/05/2023 at 21:59, The Naitch said:

What a final episode. Over the moon with who won.

Celeb version coming later this year - hope they don’t ruin it.

There's a fucking surprise 😒

The Muppets Mayhem. Get a free trial of Disney+ of you don’t have it.

Wasn’t totally sold on it at first but found it getting progressively funnier. 

A down on her luck girl at a struggling record company discovers that before The Electric Mayhem (the band featuring Dr Teeth, Animal, Janice and many others) went out on their never ending tour in the 1970s signed an album deal. To save her career she tracks down the band and persuades them to record an album.

There’s a section with Animal and one of these that’s possibly the funniest thing I’ve ever seen. 

image.jpeg.88097e4a47123592186b7a77fe3e879a.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still watching Mad Men (meh) and I'm watching it Pluto, which you might have seen Drew Barrymore advertising recently. It's now showing up as "Last Chance to Watch" which I think means I'm going to need to shotgun 33 episodes pretty quickly.

15 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm still watching Mad Men (meh) and I'm watching it Pluto, which you might have seen Drew Barrymore advertising recently. It's now showing up as "Last Chance to Watch" which I think means I'm going to need to shotgun 33 episodes pretty quickly.

Have you got to the ones with Jessica Paré yet (Don's secretary, Megan)?

17 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm watching the first episode of S6 now, so yes.

When this show was first aired, there were a lot of theories linking Megan and Sharon Tate. Mainly because of this:

NSFW!

Spoiler

image.jpg

Paxo's last Uni Challenge was tonight and fair play to the old bugger he signed off quite quietly 

No mention in the news of what was his first show to be broadcast when they brought it back in 1994. Probably because it wasn't two Oxbridge colleges- it was the scruffbags of Birmingham and Aberdeen Unis 

The McDonalds advert where two women just start raising their eyebrows up and for some reason everyone in the office knows that means that they are going for a McDonalds. The full advert makes me feel genuinely unwell, but this particular still from the lift is maybe the worst thing I’ve ever seen on television.E1762226-16D6-4DB2-8908-366874ADEE9E.thumb.png.d9b70939d989e7e8ddc306ee77b7c1a5.png

5 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

The McDonalds advert where two women just start raising their eyebrows up and for some reason everyone in the office knows that means that they are going for a McDonalds. The full advert makes me feel genuinely unwell, but this particular still from the lift is maybe the worst thing I’ve ever seen on television.E1762226-16D6-4DB2-8908-366874ADEE9E.thumb.png.d9b70939d989e7e8ddc306ee77b7c1a5.png

Looks like a game of "Guess which one just farted."

New series of Ladhood on BBC3.

Ok, its got a bit of Inbetweeners feel but with the twist that one of the characters appears as his older self reflecting on his younger self growing up and how decisions/events affected him in later life.

Theres some genuine poignant moments that I'm sure anyone who had a group of school mates they left behind when leaving school will appreciate.