Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Watching the musicals concert on BBC One (what?) and been trying to work out who Jason Manford sounds like when he's singing. Then it dawned me that he's doing a cracking Harry Secombe impression.

One for the kids there.

12 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Watching the musicals concert on BBC One (what?) and been trying to work out who Jason Manford sounds like when he's singing. Then it dawned me that he's doing a cracking Harry Secombe impression.

One for the kids there.

We watched that, thought the sound was off on quite a few of the songs. Could barely hear Defying Gravity over the orchestra/band

Watched a couple of episodes of six four which is a Scottish crime mystery with several familiar faces including Kevin Mckidd. Very good watch so far for anyone who is into Shetland etc.

Tempting Fortune is a decent if fucking infuriating watch the now. 

A group of 12 folk have an 18 day trek across South Africa with £300K split between them at the end. But tempting offers are made along the way which eats into the prize pot. 

Amazingly there doesn't appear to be anyone with a reasonable head on their shoulders. It's seems to be split between arsehole "f**k it, lets spend the money" types and Musolini like dictators on the other side. 

Really enjoyed Blue Lights on the BBC.  Fans of Line of Duty and Happy Valley will probably enjoy.

It did however include one of the most over used tropes in Police films/dramas which you will spot a mile off but apart from that very enjoyable.

19 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Tempting Fortune is a decent if fucking infuriating watch the now. 

A group of 12 folk have an 18 day trek across South Africa with £300K split between them at the end. But tempting offers are made along the way which eats into the prize pot. 

Amazingly there doesn't appear to be anyone with a reasonable head on their shoulders. It's seems to be split between arsehole "f**k it, lets spend the money" types and Musolini like dictators on the other side. 

Aye, they're all pretty insufferable at the moment. Good thing is it's only 6 episodes and isn't ripping the arse out of it like Rise and Fall's nightly episodes.

I'm surprised not more have called out James for taking the chocolate after bitching about giving into temptation for so long.

2 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Aye, they're all pretty insufferable at the moment. Good thing is it's only 6 episodes and isn't ripping the arse out of it like Rise and Fall's nightly episodes.

I'm surprised not more have called out James for taking the chocolate after bitching about giving into temptation for so long.

Very true. I think there needs to be a happy medium in there but no one seems to have the sense to see that. The old woman thinks she's talking sense but she's as thick as the rest. In the space of an episode she went from saying they can't spend a penny to saying she's taking a safari if it comes up again. 

For me, they should be treating themselves to things that benefit the whole team and not selfish things like that fuckin bitch keeps doing - I'm utterly convinced she's went in with the mindset she's going to try and make a name for herself. She took the hot chocolate but left half of it. I reckon she doesn't like the stuff but had to take it to play along. Absolute bitch. A bar of chocolate was a good purchase IMO as it's a wee boost for everyone. A fucking pamper for 3 hours is as selfish as it gets though. I can see the selfish group just spending as much as possible from here on it tbh. 

11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Very true. I think there needs to be a happy medium in there but no one seems to have the sense to see that. The old woman thinks she's talking sense but she's as thick as the rest. In the space of an episode she went from saying they can't spend a penny to saying she's taking a safari if it comes up again. 

For me, they should be treating themselves to things that benefit the whole team and not selfish things like that fuckin bitch keeps doing - I'm utterly convinced she's went in with the mindset she's going to try and make a name for herself. She took the hot chocolate but left half of it. I reckon she doesn't like the stuff but had to take it to play along. Absolute bitch. A bar of chocolate was a good purchase IMO as it's a wee boost for everyone. A fucking pamper for 3 hours is as selfish as it gets though. I can see the selfish group just spending as much as possible from here on it tbh. 

I turned it on about half way through....did they really pick to have a Silent Disco and lose prize money?  I mean food, drink, maybe even a decent kip I can kinda understand... I thought I'd maybe picked it up wrong?

2 hours ago, fuzzydunlop said:

I turned it on about half way through....did they really pick to have a Silent Disco and lose prize money?  I mean food, drink, maybe even a decent kip I can kinda understand... I thought I'd maybe picked it up wrong?

They've split the group into two - effectively the ones sticking to the game and the ones who want to spend "for the experience", even though the fucking object is to avoid temptation. And the ones doing what they like did exactly that. Looking at the trailor for the next episode it looks like the arseholes are continuing in that fashion. I'd be absolutely fizzing if I was there. Selfish arseholes. 

On 03/04/2023 at 13:29, fuzzydunlop said:

Really enjoyed Blue Lights on the BBC.  Fans of Line of Duty and Happy Valley will probably enjoy.

It did however include one of the most over used tropes in Police films/dramas which you will spot a mile off but apart from that very enjoyable.

The Inspector giving one of the cops his length? 

Seen a pish adverts thread but don't see a good adverts one, so i'll stick it in here, the twix ad with the 2 people talking about how they like a twix and the 2 bears eying up a tasty human snack, saying the same thing about the humans.

There aren't enough funny adverts like this, instead they lazily go for the annoying as f**k ones that irritate everyone, just so you'll remember them, put some thought into them you lazy c***s. I loved that old rolo ad with the elephant in the circus parade too, brilliant and funny.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

On 03/04/2023 at 18:24, The Naitch said:

On 03/04/2023 at 21:03, 19QOS19 said:

Howling at James costing the team £3000 for nicking some tea bags in the dead of night. The funniest part is that his wee group of sycophants think it was totally acceptable for him to do that. The other 'team' are quite rightly revelling in it.

Just now, The Naitch said:

Howling at James costing the team £3000 for nicking some tea bags in the dead of night. The funniest part is that his wee group of sycophants think it was totally acceptable for him to do that. The other 'team' are quite rightly revelling in it.

Aye absolutely fizzing with that tbh. He's totally fucked it for the ones trying to play the game correctly. Him doing that has just given the arseholes the perfect excuse to continue taking temptations 🤦

43 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

I would absolutely love it if there's a twist at the end whereby the prize pot is offered to be split evenly or they can vote to decide whether folk are given their share minus what they individually spent. It would wipe the smile off that wee fat bitch's face. And get it right up the "I'm only taking one tempation" yank. 

23 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I would absolutely love it if there's a twist at the end whereby the prize pot is offered to be split evenly or they can vote to decide whether folk are given their share minus what they individually spent. It would wipe the smile off that wee fat bitch's face. And get it right up the "I'm only taking one tempation" yank. 

Close enough. For the last couple of days any spends come off the individual totals.

James is in full on c**t mode now. No time for that. No time for Lani’s screaming either.

31 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Close enough. For the last couple of days any spends come off the individual totals.

James is in full on c**t mode now. No time for that. No time for Lani’s screaming either.

James has been too far the other way for me: cheek given he's cheated and cost them £3000 but I am enjoying his "once in a lifetime" the now though given the auld duffer and yank have used that justification all the way through. The latter is the biggest shitebag there given she's almost stopped spending now it's her own money! Still feel there's a twist to come, mind. 

ETA - the conversation there suggests they don't know James cost them £3000? Scenes incoming when they find out :lol:

Incredible the Yank and the wee baw didn't have the least amount at the end. Absolute joke. 

Edited by 19QOS19

Seems James did realise about the £3k.

For all that they were bitching about those taking temptations they only went home with 2/3k more than the rest. Not worth the hassle and stress.

Hope they do another series of this.