Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On 08/03/2020 at 19:55, The Naitch said:

The new series of Race Across The World is about to start on BBC 2.

Really enjoyed the first series so hopefully this one lives up to it.

Series 3 starts next week on BBC One. Yas!

Documentaries where somebody is being interviewed but the director is unable simply to point the camera at them. So every few seconds we get a brief closeup of their eye or ear while they're talking. True crime shows are notorious for this.

Jonathon Ross......utter arse licker who says every guest is his favourite actor or band has his favourite album ever. Watched it tonight to see Bella Ramsey. Unfortunately the horrific Mel Goodrich was on and interrupted Ramsey with her inappropriate and shite stories. I should've just recorded it and watched the Bella Ramsey bit. 

2 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Jonathon Ross......utter arse licker who says every guest is his favourite actor or band has his favourite album ever. Watched it tonight to see Bella Ramsey. Unfortunately the horrific Mel Goodrich was on and interrupted Ramsey with her inappropriate and shite stories. I should've just recorded it and watched the Bella Ramsey bit. 

I used to really like Wossy's Eighties TV shows about weird films, and still have a book he wrote about classics like The Illinois Enema Bandit, and the breast of Russ Meyer. Feels like a long time ago now. Also, every film his wife writes the screenplay for seems to have at least one scene that screams, "this was my husband's idea!"

"...so, the princess should immediately offer to let the hero stick it in her pooper as soon as they meet? Well, it's not quite what I had in mind, but you know best, darling".

On 23/02/2023 at 10:51, specsaver said:

The Piano, on Ch 4 last night from Leeds train Station, you must watch the young blind girl play the piano. This rendered the world renowned pianist Lang Lang speechless.   

Watching this.  It’s the Glasgow one where everyone is shit up until the one who isn’t.   

On 15/03/2023 at 21:59, Miguel Sanchez said:

I've started watching Mad Men. I'm coughing already.

Let me get this straight.

This wee chinless guy is engaged. He walks past Elizabeth Moss and then has to go and find her and f**k her. We then find out a few episodes later he's engaged to Alison Brie and this is the choice he's making? f**k off.

On 18/03/2023 at 23:33, jimmy boo said:

He does have some good musical taste though

44 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Let me get this straight.

This wee chinless guy is engaged. He walks past Elizabeth Moss and then has to go and find her and f**k her. We then find out a few episodes later he's engaged to Alison Brie and this is the choice he's making? f**k off.

He was doing all that at work, then at the end of the day, he'd go home to his real life wife, Alexis Bledel, aka Rory Gilmore.

Sum boi

On 15/03/2023 at 19:00, The Naitch said:

Series 3 starts next week on BBC One. Yas!

2 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

The tremendous Race across the World is back tonight. Vancouver to St John's (yes that's just Canada)

Great minds and all that.

I'm so glad that they've changed absolutely nothing about the format now that's on the bright lights of BBC One.

The two brothers picked the best/worst way to try to get to know each other.

5 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Great minds and all that.

I'm so glad that they've changed absolutely nothing about the format now that's on the bright lights of BBC One.

The two brothers picked the best/worst way to try to get to know each other.

You and me liking the same thing on TV? Wonders never cease 🤣

12 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Canada looks fecking braw

British Columbia is truly an outstanding place. I remember standing at the top of Blackcomb mountain in Whistler and have never smelt fresher air along with an incredible view. The train ride from Vancouver to Whistler has some magnificent sights.

Really looking forward to the rest of the series.

Also just finished The Gold. It was a tough story to tell with so many people involved and there not really being a definitive end point to the story.

When you look at the notoriety of Noye and later Reader (and to an extent Palmer), you wonder just who else might have been involved with the other half of the loot...