Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On 31/12/2022 at 23:42, Arch Stanton said:

Mayflies was tremendous. Wonderful acting from Curran and Jensen and a phenomenal 80s soundtrack from Joy Division, New Order, Cocteau Twins, TJAMC, Shop Assistants, The Fall etc.

No yer usual 80s shite like Curiosity Killed the Cat, Jonny Hates Jazz, Swing Out Sister etc.

second this...although I watched it the day after a really heavy night out and was greeting most of the way through it thinking "aboot ma pals".  

10 hours ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Sarah Lancashire is top notch and a role she was born to play. 

I remember her as Racquel the ditzy barmaid in Corrie. At one time she was going out with a footballer and heard that he'd scored an own goal. The regulars wound her up by telling her it was a really good thing that meant he'd scored it without any assists from other players, so when she congratulated him on it he thought she was taking the piss.

7 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Watched all of The Rig the other day. a good start before it kind of loses its way a bit. Bonus point for having Scottish people speak like Scottish people and not like that Real Guy sketch from Burnistoun.

It was shite from start to finish. Martin Compston needs to learn to say no.

On 08/01/2023 at 10:14, well fan for life said:

Watched all of The Rig the other day. a good start before it kind of loses its way a bit. Bonus point for having Scottish people speak like Scottish people and not like that Real Guy sketch from Burnistoun.

Watched three episodes as I thought it was only three in series and as I'd wasted two hours my life what was one more......dire.

On 03/01/2023 at 22:51, fuzzydunlop said:

Really enjoyed the first episode of Happy Valley.  Great script and Sarah Lancashire is top notch and a role she was born to play.  Looking forward to seeing where it finishes...just a shame the Beeb wont let us binge watch it!

She's amazing in it. First series of Happy Valley was brilliant and this third has started great. 

On 23/08/2022 at 08:55, Mark Connolly said:

Gutted that Only Murders is done for another series, but it was an excellent last episode.

Season 3 looks as if it will be good as well

Meryl Streep has joined the cast. Can only be a good thing…

2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I'm four episodes into The Rig and actually quite enjoying it. Not what I was expecting and it's daft as f**k yet tries to take itself too seriously but still enjoyable 

It wasn't as bad as I'd feared and is left wide open for a second series.