Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Highlander, a film I loved when it came out despite the bizarre accents and casting. It's utter shite. 

'Where are we Connor?' (His young wife who has suddenly put a grey wig on and is near death). 'The Highlands lassie.'. 

Edited by welshbairn

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

5 are currently showing a Michael McIntyre retrospective.

Unusually they haven't called it "How a fat posh boy managed to convince the BBC that he was funny and subsequently rinse the licence fee payer for over a decade."

Sounds like a programme where for once it would be a positive advantage to have about 15% actual footage of the subject and the rest of the time taken up by people talking about it.

12 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

5 are currently showing a Michael McIntyre retrospective.

Unusually they haven't called it "How a fat posh boy managed to convince the BBC that he was funny and subsequently rinse the licence fee payer for over a decade."

Except he's clearly very popular, so there's no rinsing going on.

Not a fan myself (although I don't find him terrible) but he gets the numbers and loads of folk enjoy him.

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Highlander, a film I loved when it came out despite the bizarre accents and casting. It's utter shite. 

'Where are we Connor?' (His young wife who has suddenly put a grey wig on and is near death). 'The Highlands lassie.'. 

Highlander is a fucking great film! 

Edited by DA Baracus

On 17/12/2022 at 12:25, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Would you know by any chance whether their depiction of Nick and Kim in Beirut was true ?

Did Philby actually give up Blunt ( and Hollis ? ) ?

I haven't seen it but heard an interview with the writer. There was a real meeting in Beruit but the content is imagined. Don't know q2. 

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

it does have one of the greatest soundtracks

On 19/12/2022 at 00:52, welshbairn said:

I still love it, but there is no getting away from one of the most oddly cast movies ever. 

7 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Recorded the Big Fat Quiz of 2022 the other night, and decided to watch it there.

Turned it off after 5 minutes, when I could no longer handle Rosie Jones constantly screaming, and the others pretending she is funny

Was confused, as I thought it was on boxing day. I think that episode is a repeat(they've done a bunch of episodes that are a Big Fat Quiz of Everything). Thankfully it is a new one on Monday, and Rosie Jones isn't on it. She ruins every show she is on 

On 24/12/2022 at 17:37, Savage Henry said:

The Boy, The Mole, The Horse and the Fox is just pure joy.  

I love the book, was watching the making of it yesterday but haven't finished it. Not sure I'll watch the adaptations as books just so lovely.