Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

• 2 weeks later...

Web of make believe on netflix was pretty good.  Episode 2 didn't quite fit in but the rest was stories of society's misfits doing dodgy stuff online.  

Can't help thinking that they wanted to call it web of deceit but had to dumb it down. 

I'd never heard of SWATting before.  Mental stuff. 

44 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Is that the show that cost Colin Hay a fortune?

It is the show that inadvertently alerted the copyright owner of the ‘Kookaburra’ song. The court ordered payment of 5% of royalties from 2002 so it would have cost Hay and co-writer, Ron Strykert a bit. 

10 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Gutted that Only Murders is done for another series, but it was an excellent last episode.

Season 3 looks as if it will be good as well

That was a brilliant episode to finish the season. It's flown in. Roll on season 3.

Here We Go.  Sitcom about a dysfunctional family with her from out of IT Crowd, him from out of Peep Show and her from out of Gavin & Stacey.  Really funny IMHO but it doesn't seem to have gained any buzz so it might just be one season.  On the iPlayer.  

On 26/08/2022 at 13:19, JustOneCornetto said:

Thought the first two episodes of the new series of Shetland were a bit slow and the red herrings were really obvious but episode 3 ramped things up and finished on a real cliffhanger. 

Yeah I'm looking forward to tonight's episode.  Surely they haven't....

On 26/08/2022 at 13:19, JustOneCornetto said:

Thought the first two episodes of the new series of Shetland were a bit slow and the red herrings were really obvious but episode 3 ramped things up and finished on a real cliffhanger. 

Thought the last few seasons have been like that actually.

Four episodes in and not really any the wiser. Everyone has something going on or a vested interest. 

From.

Series on Sky Sci-Fi. There's a thread in TV and Film but it is empty. Shame as this is a decent watch. A family arrive in a town and are stuck along with the other residents. Then at night time these creatures emerge to eat them. It's a decent wee horror tbh with the monsters rarely seen, adding to the suspense.

It's a cross between Lost and The Walking Dead for me. I just hope the writers have a decent end in plan and don't drag the arse out of it like those two shows did. Well worth a watch if you enjoy mystery/suspense/mild horror.

Me and my wife started watching Echoes on Netflix last night.

Two twin sisters regularly swap lives for months at a time, then one of them goes missing.

The critical reception hasn't been great but we enjoyed the first episode.