Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

28 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Watson is a pretty good actor IMO.  The impression stuff in OAE might be a bit dated now but he's decent in sitcoms.

Have you seen him in City Lights? He admitted himself that his acting was way over the top.

44 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Watson is a pretty good actor IMO.  The impression stuff in OAE might be a bit dated now but he's decent in sitcoms.

He's absolutely brilliant in Two Doors Down. His facial expressions when he's drooling over Michelle are superb.

The darts episode was utterly fantastic.

8 hours ago, Rugster said:

He's absolutely brilliant in Two Doors Down. His facial expressions when he's drooling over Michelle are superb.

The darts episode was utterly fantastic.

The episode Mrs Ranter and I watched the other night was the one where Eric went to his door to ask to borrow a hip flask for Alan (for his brother's wedding)

Watson nonchalantly said "he'd look it out and drop it round later" until Eric mentioned that Michelle was on his house right now, and as you say, the change in his facial expression as he said he'd look it out right away and bring it in was brilliant.

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I thought that was City Lights' thing at the time - everyone in it seemed to be overacting (& overacting some more after that), not just Watson.

Well, it did set Gerard Kelly up for a life in panto.

There's a bit in City Lights where Kelly's character goes to church with his mum. He's never been before and doesn't know what to do. The choir and congregation finish a hymn and he gives it a standing ovation, complete with "bravo!!". It was well acted at the time (necessarily ott) and I still chuckle thinking about it.

Anyway. There's a gardening program with Titchmarsh (lovely, lovely man) and he goes around with his team changing people's gardens for the better. He did one for a family whose daughter had a neurodivergency that meant the garden was shaped to her needs for silence and other sensory things. The family were obviously worked hard with her but you could see how devoted and loving they were to all their bairns. Their faces and the face of their wee lassie were priceless. Wonderfully uplifting telly. I can't remember what it was called. Garden Rescues or something? 

Doon McKichan says or does something selfish with no self-awareness whatsoever.

Jonathan Watson is a cuckold who dare not say anything.

Alex Norton and Arabella Weir bear the brunt of McKichan's crass behaviour.

Elaine C. Smith says "f**k".

There, I've just described every episode of this pish.

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Doon McKichan says or does something selfish with no self-awareness whatsoever.

Jonathan Watson is a cuckold who dare not say anything.

Alex Norton and Arabella Weir bear the brunt of McKichan's crass behaviour.

Elaine C. Smith says "f**k".

There, I've just described every episode of this pish.

Thought I was the only one who didn't like it.

50 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I bumped into Gerard Kelly in M&S in Glasgow once.

He was alive at the time and it was shortly after his wonderful Bunny Bunton in Extras. 

I was going to say "Well, obviously" but with M&S I don't suppose that would naturally follow.

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Its like Day of the Dead that place. 

Dawn of the Dead. Day of the Dead's the one where the humans are locked in a compound with the zombies milling around outside.

Like Sports Direct on the morning of a new "tangerine" shirt launch.

36 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Dawn of the Dead. Day of the Dead's the one where the humans are locked in a compound with the zombies milling around outside.

Like Sports Direct on the morning of a new "tangerine" shirt launch.

E72F60ED-DFBF-4735-BEE8-1419D9C3904A.jpeg