Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

19 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

The kids were played by the actors own kids 

Aye, Alan Bleasdale's three weans.

Quite a few well known faces in it; Jean Boht and Gilly Coman from Bread, Michael Angelis (the 2nd voice of "Thomas the Tank Engine") and Ricky Tomlinson.

Edited by Arch Stanton

Did anyone else see Maryland on BBC 2 earlier?

I caught the last 5 minutes and it was fucking amazing.  It was a kind of performed poem about domestic abuse (which doesn't sound particularly special but f**k me it was powerful).

Story on GMB this morning about Kate Beckinsale feeding foxes. 

2 things pleased me. Kate, obvs. And she was wearing a t shirt in the clip that said "f**k the f**k off" that they didn't blur out. Nice for 8.30 am. 

Four in a Bed can be absolutely comical viewing on a lazy Sunday. 5 episodes on the trot on More4 usually. 

Always amazes me that these hotel owners don’t have their rooms in immaculate condition when the other contestants come to visit. If I was a hotel owner showing my business off on national TV, I think the first thing I would do is go out and buy fresh bedding and mattresses. They know the other contestants are going to turn the place upside down to find any dirt or stains, and anyone watching on TV is hardly going to use your hotel if they see pish stained mattresses or discoloured pillows. 

Some of the people on it can be extremely petty though. An episode I watched last week had someone find a dead fly stuck inside a window frame, and when it came to scoring the cleanliness they scored them 5/10, which prompted the owner to say ‘Is a fly worth 5?’, which I found very funny.