Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

8 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

The problem with Iplayer is it only recommends like one show at a time, so if you want to watch first ministers questions you need to type out every single letter then select the second option because the Welsh donny comes up first. 

I hate how it makes you do extra clicks. One to select the show and then another to start watching it. 

And I hate how you start a show and it tried to get you to watch a trailer for some other absolute bbc shite that they think we should all be watching.

Disney Plus as well. An episode ends and it goes way, way into the end credits before you can press to watch the next episode. 

Though Apple TV+ is the worst for this. What a shambolic platform that is. I gave up on it.

Edited by Thorongil

On 28/05/2022 at 01:54, BFTD said:

Stupidly, I decided to give episode 5 of that War of the Worlds thing a go. Seriously, there should be an award for shows where the least happens - this would win, easily. Highlight of this episode was a sex scene where two characters - young and supposedly in the first flush of attraction - had the most indifferent shag this side of a decades-old marriage. Thankfully several other characters pointed out that they were into each other in the run up, or I'd never have known.

I'm tempted to force myself to watch the last three episodes just to see if any aliens ever show up. I've a feeling it'll end with all the different groups of characters finally meeting up, shrugging at each other, and deciding to lie down and wait for the shitey robot dogs to poke them to death out of boredom.

Suffer for our art !

55 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Though Apple TV+ is the worst for this. What a shambolic platform that is. 

I think the issue with Apple TV is that there is (or was when I had a free trial) next to bugger all on it.  So they have to make big glossy icons that take up half the page, making it busy as f**k to disguise the lack of options. Just about whenever I found something I fancied watching... you had to pay an additional fee for it. If the screen just showed available films and television that were actually worth watching the display would be the size of a Gameboy screen.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

17 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

On Saturday Kitchen right now there's a cravat wearing effete ponce doing a chocolate taste test. All of the bars are around £6 for 85g.

SIX FUCKING POUNDS FOR A WEE BAR OF CHOCOLATE!!!

Don't the BBC know there's a cost of living crisis right now?

I ate two Crunchies while it was on. Just the multipack size, not the big ones.

On 27/06/2022 at 08:57, Shandön Par said:

Murder in the Alps. 3 episodes on Channel 4 running from last night to Tuesday. Looks at the murder unsolved for last 10 years of the Surrey family and French cyclist who all go shot up a mountain road in the alps (expect the youngest kid). 

I’d followed the case anyway but I think you’ll see why the police are so stumped. 

Was it a hitman hired by the brother of the dad of the family? (He laughs heartily at the idea of killing his family in once creepy scene). Was the mum the target (her ex died on the same day)? Was it British secret service stopping the dad selling secret nuclear or satellite tech? Was the French cyclist the real target (his wealthy  in-laws took out a newspaper ad to say he was just an innocent passer by).

I watched the first 2 episodes. I may have this wrong but at one point. I think it was the French Police said the killer was waiting for them based on their forensic analysis. On that alone I would have presumed the cyclist was more likely target. How would they know the car would stop, the cyclist however they could have got ahead and waited knowing he will pass.

On 07/07/2022 at 16:28, BigDoddyKane said:

I watched the first 2 episodes. I may have this wrong but at one point. I think it was the French Police said the killer was waiting for them based on their forensic analysis. On that alone I would have presumed the cyclist was more likely target. How would they know the car would stop, the cyclist however they could have got ahead and waited knowing he will pass.

The local saw the dark skin/Iraqi background and decided it was some crazy plot. For years he was adamant the missing passports proved this. Then ten years later they found the passports in the dad’s jacket which had been in their lab the whole time. 

On 07/07/2022 at 09:07, Mark Connolly said:

Only Murders in the Building is back on Disney+, and still excellent.

I’m also a fan of the “Just One Cornetto” song returning during ad breaks

On 08/07/2022 at 22:19, The Naitch said:

So glad it’s back. This week’s episode was brilliant.

Season 3 confirmed. Yas!

Boys from the Blackstuff Episode 4. Yosser's Story.

I'm old enough to have seen this first time around and 40 years later it's still very disturbing and upsetting.

Not without some humour (the "you're Graeme Souness" scene, "I'm desperate, Dan" and "I could do that" as his front door is boarded up) but the relentless emotional and physical boots in the balls endured by Yosser were all too symptomatic for many during the Thatcher years.

17 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'm old enough to have seen this first time around and 40 years later it's still very disturbing and upsetting.

Not without some humour (the "you're Graeme Souness" scene, "I'm desperate, Dan" and "I could do that" as his front door is boarded up) but the relentless emotional and physical boots in the balls endured by Yosser were all too symptomatic for many during the Thatcher years.

The kids were played by the actors own kids 

23 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Is the whole series streaming anywhere?  Watched GBH a few years ago and it was quality so fancy this.