Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On 14/06/2022 at 15:37, scottsdad said:

Anything by Ken Burns tends to be fantastic. Probably the best documentary maker out there right now. 

Yup.  Apart from Jazz.  Zzzzzz. 

The Civil War is my personal favourite. 

14 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Inadvertently witnessed a few seconds of Celebrity Gogglebox last night. I don't think I have the words to properly express how much the concept would rile me if I was actually watching it.

We reached the nadir with that show being commissioned IMO.  ITV4 level celebrities watching tv shows in their house, and getting paid handsomely for it.  Fuck me.

I've got sucked into watching something on CH4 with two teams building a 'bridge' out of bamboo in vietnam to reach an Island about 1000 feet from the mainland.   The team who gets there first wins £200K - but only one of the team(of 8 folk) will win the £200K

Difficult really to describe it without sounding like its just a mad dream.   Its utterly pointless but some of it is brutal.

Spoiler alert if yer watching

Last night, with about three quarters of the bridge done.  The team members were offered £25K on the spot to leave the competition early.    To put in context this had been literally days of cutting bamboo, tying it together with rope, and putting it together as bridge in the sea  -from dusk til dawn. Sleeping in a basic camp, poor food etc.  Not fun basically. 

Pros for leaving -well they get £25K  and get away from the hell of it all

cons -they leave a team they have been part of for the past week, built up friendships so ultimately leave tthem high and dry,  and of course the person leaving  wont be able to claim any of the £200K prize.

One team stood firm and no one left.

The other team, a few of them wanted to go so it came to a vote.  The 'winner' was this Welsh lad who appears to have some financial issues so the guaranteed £25K  would "change his life".  As he walked out the camp he got to a box with the money. However there was a caveat that he would only get the money if he smashed up 6 pieces of their bridge.   Funny as f*ck.  The guys walking away and they are all waving, he gets given an axe and starts smashing up the bridge - it then cuts back to the camp who can see him in the distance "what's he doing....?"

Total bullsh*t TV but I must admit I love reality programmes where the people in them getting royally f*cked over. 

6 hours ago, fuzzydunlop said:

I've got sucked into watching something on CH4 with two teams building a 'bridge' out of bamboo in vietnam to reach an Island about 1000 feet from the mainland.   The team who gets there first wins £200K - but only one of the team(of 8 folk) will win the £200K

Difficult really to describe it without sounding like its just a mad dream.   Its utterly pointless but some of it is brutal.

Spoiler alert if yer watching

Last night, with about three quarters of the bridge done.  The team members were offered £25K on the spot to leave the competition early.    To put in context this had been literally days of cutting bamboo, tying it together with rope, and putting it together as bridge in the sea  -from dusk til dawn. Sleeping in a basic camp, poor food etc.  Not fun basically. 

Pros for leaving -well they get £25K  and get away from the hell of it all

cons -they leave a team they have been part of for the past week, built up friendships so ultimately leave tthem high and dry,  and of course the person leaving  wont be able to claim any of the £200K prize.

One team stood firm and no one left.

The other team, a few of them wanted to go so it came to a vote.  The 'winner' was this Welsh lad who appears to have some financial issues so the guaranteed £25K  would "change his life".  As he walked out the camp he got to a box with the money. However there was a caveat that he would only get the money if he smashed up 6 pieces of their bridge.   Funny as f*ck.  The guys walking away and they are all waving, he gets given an axe and starts smashing up the bridge - it then cuts back to the camp who can see him in the distance "what's he doing....?"

Total bullsh*t TV but I must admit I love reality programmes where the people in them getting royally f*cked over. 

Season 1 had everyone working as one team (some a lot harder than others) - the 2 competing teams is the new thing this year.

16 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Season 1 had everyone working as one team (some a lot harder than others) - the 2 competing teams is the new thing this year.

ah i didnt know it had been on before.  Two teams probably makes it more interesting 

On 24/06/2022 at 00:07, Arch Stanton said:

I'm watching Taskmaster on All4. First two advert breaks are 4 fucking minutes and 20 seconds!!!

Although Taskmaster is one of the greatest programmes ever devised, All4 is such a hellish app. Makes you realise how good the iPlayer is.

Murder in the Alps. 3 episodes on Channel 4 running from last night to Tuesday. Looks at the murder unsolved for last 10 years of the Surrey family and French cyclist who all go shot up a mountain road in the alps (expect the youngest kid). 

I’d followed the case anyway but I think you’ll see why the police are so stumped. 

Was it a hitman hired by the brother of the dad of the family? (He laughs heartily at the idea of killing his family in once creepy scene). Was the mum the target (her ex died on the same day)? Was it British secret service stopping the dad selling secret nuclear or satellite tech? Was the French cyclist the real target (his wealthy  in-laws took out a newspaper ad to say he was just an innocent passer by).

3 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Was it a hitman hired by the brother of the dad of the family? (He laughs heartily at the idea of killing his family in once creepy scene). Was the mum the target (her ex died on the same day)? Was it British secret service stopping the dad selling secret nuclear or satellite tech? Was the French cyclist the real target (his wealthy  in-laws took out a newspaper ad to say he was just an innocent passer by).

Road rage. The cyclist went through a red light, the father over-reacted and it all got out of hand.

20 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Although Taskmaster is one of the greatest programmes ever devised, All4 is such a hellish app. Makes you realise how good the iPlayer is.

All4 is an abomination. iPlayer I’d way ahead but is still very poor compared to Netflix.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Really? I find iplayer far quicker and easier to navigate than Netflix.

The problem with Iplayer is it only recommends like one show at a time, so if you want to watch first ministers questions you need to type out every single letter then select the second option because the Welsh donny comes up first.