Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

17 hours ago, ballymoneyyin said:

The Masked Singer. Mind numbing shite 

I've never watched it but can guess the premise from people I follow on Twitter. (I've muted all Masked Singer content but some still slip through).  It's proper bottom of the barrel stuff now.  Some D-list celebrities put a mask on and sing and you have to guess who it is?  Fuck off.

The Masked Singer. Mind numbing shite 
I've never watched it but can guess the premise from people I follow on Twitter. (I've muted all Masked Singer content but some still slip through).  It's proper bottom of the barrel stuff now.  Some D-list celebrities put a mask on and sing and you have to guess who it is?  Fuck off.

Never watched an entire episode but had the misfortune of seeing bits of it if I have been in other folks houses when it's on.

The funniest thing about it is the moronic judging panel and their laughable predictions - "Oh, is it Elton John?/ That sounds like it could be Alecia Keyes". Aye it's definitely going to be massive music stars as opposed to the usual bottom of the barrel D list celebrities that keep these shitty shows going. Fannies.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Never watched an entire episode but had the misfortune of seeing bits of it if I have been in other folks houses when it's on.

The funniest thing about it is the moronic judging panel and their laughable predictions - "Oh, is it Elton John?/ That sounds like it could be Alecia Keyes". Aye it's definitely going to be massive music stars as opposed to the usual bottom of the barrel D list celebrities that keep these shitty shows going. Fannies.

'Possibly Springsteen, but more likely to be Dre'

On 28/03/2022 at 10:47, 19QOS19 said:

I feel sorry for some of them…a little bit. 

You honestly think wossi wouldn’t rather be sitting on his own show, relaxing, interviewing heavyweight boxers on his couch rather than clapping along to Christopher Dean singing Mr. Brightside in a dickhead costume from the Chinese Disney world?

Edited by ballymoneyyin

I feel sorry for some of them…a little bit. 

You honestly think wossi wouldn’t rather be sitting on his own show, relaxing, interviewing heavyweight boxers on his couch rather than clapping along to Christopher Dean singing Mr. Brightside in a dickhead costume from the Chinese Disney world?

I'm sure their payslip will soon make up for that disappointment.

Only seen bits of the Masked Singer, my daughter loves it so caught some of it when she is watching, I agree some of the shouts from the judges are ridiculous, but did Ryan Reynolds not be revealed to be one of the masked singers in the South Korean version, so maybe not that ridiculous considering what "celebs" will do for a massive paycheck

Only seen bits of the Masked Singer, my daughter loves it so caught some of it when she is watching, I agree some of the shouts from the judges are ridiculous, but did Ryan Reynolds not be revealed to be one of the masked singers in the South Korean version, so maybe not that ridiculous considering what "celebs" will do for a massive paycheck
Ryan Reynolds is a bit of an anomaly. He's an A List celeb but he appears not to act anything like that. I quite like that about him, he doesn't appear to take himself too serious.

I'm not sure the numerous Celebrity Version shows over here would be keen on hiring some genuinely impressive people otherwise it would send our usual merry-go-round dross celebs out of work. Joe Swash would actually have to become talented at something.

18 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

The Made in Chelsea (I think) advert where the girl says "Go and find all the friends you don't have, because you're a snake" amuses me far more than it should.

The same goes for the trailer for Derry Girls, where she says "If you're going to be that hot, you should at least have the common decency to be a bit thick."

WTF has happened to Paul Sinha from The Chase? He's currently hosting a TV quiz show on STV and he looks as if he's storing food in his cheeks for the winter. He has Parkinson's Disease but I didn't think it had that effect.

Rosie Jones ruining another programme on C4. Off it goes.

Absolutely ridiculous this unfunny 'comedian' continues to get gigs on tv. She's intolerable.
That Big Fat Quiz format seems to have ran out of steam for me tbh, and the quality of panellist has gone right downhill, but you are right and I feel bad saying it, she slaughtered it lastnight.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Show on TV last night called "Greatest Royal Cock-ups"

The title is a bit on the nose given recent events...

Followed the tried-and-tested Channel 4/5/Sky formula of making thirty minutes of material fill a two-and-a-half-hour slot.

1. Show a ten-second clip
  2. Get several Z-list celebrities to comment on it, giving you an excuse to show the clip over and over again
  3. Going into a commercial break, show what's coming up - even if it's not going to be on until after the next break
  4. Coming out of a commercial break, show the least worst bits yet again

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
21 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
Rosie Jones ruining another programme on C4. Off it goes.

Absolutely ridiculous this unfunny 'comedian' continues to get gigs on tv. She's intolerable.

That Big Fat Quiz format seems to have ran out of steam for me tbh, and the quality of panellist has gone right downhill, but you are right and I feel bad saying it, she slaughtered it lastnight.

Spot on. Used to be good when it was once a year over Christmas and you had some decent panelists like Jonathan Ross, Richard Ayoade or Noel Fielding. It's been pish for years