Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

44 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Could be wrong, but I think they quite liked him down south.

Geoff Capes is the last famous one I can remember, and I don't think he did anything terrible, did he?

I assumed we were talking about people local to BFTD as he was discussing people he had actually met.

I stuck this in the PTTGOYN thread  but it's suitable for here too = 

Tv shows, usually from the US, who cast famous people to play themselves, but cast other famous people to play fictional characters.

A great example is Curb Your Enthusiasm.  By its very premise there will be famous people in it as Larry David will know thousands of famous actors.  But I hate how for example the cast of Seinfeld play themselves (Seinfeld, Louis-Dreyfus, Alexander, Richards), Ted Danson, Rosie O'Donnell, David Schwimmer, Richard Lewis all play themselves, then you have the likes of Bryan Cranston, Vince Vaughan, Stephen Colbert playing fictional characters. 

It's very petty but it gets on my tits.

29 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I stuck this in the PTTGOYN thread  but it's suitable for here too = 

Tv shows, usually from the US, who cast famous people to play themselves, but cast other famous people to play fictional characters.

A great example is Curb Your Enthusiasm.  By its very premise there will be famous people in it as Larry David will know thousands of famous actors.  But I hate how for example the cast of Seinfeld play themselves (Seinfeld, Louis-Dreyfus, Alexander, Richards), Ted Danson, Rosie O'Donnell, David Schwimmer, Richard Lewis all play themselves, then you have the likes of Bryan Cranston, Vince Vaughan, Stephen Colbert playing fictional characters. 

It's very petty but it gets on my tits.

Curb Your Enthusiasm season 11 | UK release date, cast, plot, news | Radio  Times

On 10/03/2022 at 11:43, JustOneCornetto said:

Quite enjoyed Our House with Martin Compston however still raging at this

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

9gp6ntz6vggc.png

Watched this all last night, decent watch if a bit far fetched. 

My biggest take tho was what was with everything being blue, all the houses were blue, all the clothing was blue but I couldn't see a reason for it! 

On 15/03/2022 at 16:25, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone called Jeremy come to think of it.

Had an old neighbour called Jeremy. He worked for a bird charity and would get annoyed at his many birds my cat killed. The cat was a top troll and would leave his fresh kills or ones he had horribly maimed at Jeremy’s front door. 

On 16/03/2022 at 18:01, Albertlegend said:

Watched this all last night, decent watch if a bit far fetched. 

My biggest take tho was what was with everything being blue, all the houses were blue, all the clothing was blue but I couldn't see a reason for it! 

Set in Larkhall? 

Switched on countdown the other day. Anne Robinson is very wrong for that show. It needs a warm and friendly sort, but she brings her ice cold arseholery to every interaction and the tone is just off. All the surgery doesn't help either as she doesn't have facial expressions. She reminds me of Vincent D'O'Noffrio's alien in Men In Black.

The new numbers woman is fucking gorgeous though. Delightful.

Season 3 of Grayson’s Art Club. Episode 1, Bill Bailey drops round with some soup. They paint a picture, Grayson looks at some pictures and chats to folk about them. It’s a bit like Tony Hart for grown ups/old hippies.

It’s an absolute delight of a show. The first two series were great lockdown entertainment.

21 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

It’s an absolute delight of a show. The first two series were great lockdown entertainment.

There must be some “magic of television” going on but how he manages to pick out interesting folk/stories just from browsing their art really gets me. 

My Brilliant Friend on Sky Atlantic somehow slipped past me but after someone recommended it I started binge watching last week and now half way through second season. I love films/tv shows set in Italy and this one is really good set in Naples in 1950s it's a coming of age story about two smart girls growing up in a poor neighbourhood. Based on the four part series the Neapolitan Novels by Elena Ferrante it translates so well to tv and is filmed very cinematically. I see that Paolo Sorrentino who directed 2 really good films I saw recently The Family Friend and The Hand Of God, is one of the producers.

On 25/03/2022 at 12:56, JustOneCornetto said:

My Brilliant Friend on Sky Atlantic somehow slipped past me but after someone recommended it I started binge watching last week and now half way through second season. I love films/tv shows set in Italy and this one is really good set in Naples in 1950s it's a coming of age story about two smart girls growing up in a poor neighbourhood. Based on the four part series the Neapolitan Novels by Elena Ferrante it translates so well to tv and is filmed very cinematically. I see that Paolo Sorrentino who directed 2 really good films I saw recently The Family Friend and The Hand Of God, is one of the producers.

Have you seen We Are Who We Are? Might still be on iplayer. Coming of age drama with great soundtrack. American kids growing up on a USAF base in Italy.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Have you seen We Are Who We Are? Might still be on iplayer. Coming of age drama with great soundtrack. American kids growing up on a USAF base in Italy.

Thanks SP just checked and it's still on iplayer so will give that a watch 

Final day of the March Grand Sumo Tournament live from Osaka on NHK (08:30 BST). Wakatakakage and Takayasu both on 12-2, Kotonowaka 11-3 in with outside chance. Schedule of bouts has Takayasu 3rd last, Kotonowaka 2nd last and Wakatakakage last. 

On 25/03/2022 at 07:57, Shandon Par said:

Season 3 of Grayson’s Art Club. Episode 1, Bill Bailey drops round with some soup. They paint a picture, Grayson looks at some pictures and chats to folk about them. It’s a bit like Tony Hart for grown ups/old hippies.

Soul food. Quite enjoy his trawl through other folks artwork as well. You should get your bairn on.

I’ll nominate the Dundee facebay wifie.