Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

22 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Watching Family Guy, and killing myself laughing at the Tinder song.

I caught a bit of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang earlier and immediately thought of FG and the "Bag of weed" song.

ETA f**k it, here it is.

Edited by Arch Stanton

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

50 years on and that Andre Pevin sketch on Morecambe and Wise is still comedy gold. To be fair to Previn he plays his part brilliantly. 

Probably my favourite Eric and Ernie routine. People rave about them preparing breakfast to the Stripper music but that leaves me completely cold.

9 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

The Father Ted Christmas Special is the best Christmas episode of anything ever. A comedy masterpiece.

9 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

The Father Ted Christmas Special is the best Christmas episode of anything ever. A comedy masterpiece.

Some things (not all) can never be repeated too often.

“United” Acorn TV (streaming)

About the 1958 Munich air crash and Manchester United.

Surprisingly watchable, not maudlin at all IMHO, and Dougray Scott dies a pretty good Matt Busby (not “sir” yet)

If you’re into football history I’d recommend it.

About the 1958 Munich air crash and Manchester United.

Surprisingly watchable, not maudlin at all IMHO, and Dougray Scott dies a pretty good Matt Busby

I hate when programmes get the basics wrong - everyone knows Busby survived the crash!

Around the World in 80 Days - about the only thing they've got right from the book is the title.

It's an utter mess of a production.

Indeed. I like David Tennant in most things he does but I’ll not be watching the rest of it. The BBC has ruined it, David Niven’s classic is the benchmark.

6 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Indeed. I like David Tennant in most things he does but I’ll not be watching the rest of it. The BBC has ruined it, David Niven’s classic is the benchmark.

BBC’s drama department needs emptied. Everything big production they make has been utter shite for years now. always soulless and uninspired.