Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

18 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

TV synopsis's (that right?) that give fucking spoilers.

Just finished a season of a show (won't say which one in case folk are or decide to watch it) where the cliffhanger is two folk being resuscitated. It ends with us not knowing if any of them survive. The show finishes and it comes up to tell us " X person's family come to terms with their death".

Absolutely fucking raging. More so that it wasn't the one I expected was going to die.

Livia Soprano -The Sopranos « Celebrity Gossip and Movie News

38 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Adverts all over the place for the new Jodie Comer / Stephen Graham show Help. I really have no interest in watching a Covid drama. Maybe in a couple of years but not now.

I wonder how folk during the war reacted to war movies coming out. 

If it showed the Allies winning (which obviously they all did) it boosted morale.

Just watched Nick Broomfield's latest documentary about the murders of Tupac and Biggy etc, "Last Man Standing: Suge Knight and the Murders of Biggie and Tupac", on earlier tonight on BBC2 so probably available on iplayer. Really sad stuff, the sectarianism between gangs and East and West coast shit reminded me of the religious nonsense we have over here, but created to sell records by people who didn't know how real it was, or didn't care, and walked away with all the money. So many people's lives destroyed in a marketing campaign that left them without a penny, dead or grieving. The LA cop angle makes me think it has all the material for a James Ellroy novel, but it's probably more appropriate for a very dark comedy by Elmore Leonard, but for the fact he's dead. Not sure about the evidence pointing towards LAPD involvement in the Biggy killing though, seemed like some of the witnesses were saying what they thought was expected of them and I think there's a big payout compo case still ongoing.

P.S. This is the guy who they insinuate got away with the loot. 

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/david-kenner-is-recognized-by-continental-whos-who-301028350.html 

Edited by welshbairn

On 10/09/2021 at 20:09, Mark Connolly said:

So glad Sky binned Sky One and Sky Comedy so they could simulcast the same shite "Sports' Funniest" thing on Sky Showcase and Sky Max

On a Saturday morning, Soccer AM is sometimes on 3 of the Sky Sports channels.  If you can't fill the schedules with different programs, don't have so many fucking channels.

Clint Eastwood western "Two Mules for Sister Sara" on Channel 5 at the moment.

Reminds me of when we had a Film Club at school (this was in the pre-home video days) where they would set up a projector and screen in the gym. One time they advertised this as the following week's film and one of the guys in my class got excited and told me, "That's a really dirty film - I'm going to go!"

He went, but was sorely disappointed. Turned out he was confusing it with "The Killing of Sister George".