Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Was recommended The Young Offenders by the MILF across the road. Watched the film earlier and am 3 episodes in to the TV Series and it's been fantastic viewing so far. Well worth a watch.

It’s brilliant, but even better is Ladhood, available on iplayer.

On 08/09/2021 at 20:54, Thorongil said:

It’s brilliant, but even better is Ladhood, available on iplayer.

I was just coming on here to post about Ladhood.  F*cking brilliant.... I'd see it appear on Iplayer menu but had a bad feeling about it so kept ignoring it...eventually I saw a trailer and gave it a go.

I thought it was great and some brilliant scriptwriting and laugh out loud moments.

I think i was worried it was the Beeb trying to do an Inbetweeners but I think its a lot more measured and not as OTT plus with the added dimension of the main character looking back at his adolescence its nice twist. 

Just now, fuzzydunlop said:

I was just coming on here to post about Ladhood.  F*cking brilliant.... I'd see it appear on Iplayer menu but had a bad feeling about it so kept ignoring it...eventually I saw a trailer and gave it a go.

I thought it was great and some brilliant scriptwriting and laugh out loud moments.

I think i was worried it was the Beeb trying to do an Inbetweeners but I think its a lot more measured and not as OTT plus with the added dimension of the main character looking back at his adolescence its nice twist. 

Yeah totally agree, I feared it was going to be exactly that, the Inbetweeners. I gave it a go though after watching the guy Liam’s other BBC3 series “Pls Like” which is also excellent. 

LadHood is very, very real, and masterfully executed.

2 hours ago, Thorongil said:

Yeah totally agree, I feared it was going to be exactly that, the Inbetweeners. I gave it a go though after watching the guy Liam’s other BBC3 series “Pls Like” which is also excellent. 

LadHood is very, very real, and masterfully executed.

Haven't watched "Pls Like" -will check that out.

In counterpoint to the views expressed above i found Ladhood to be self indulgent and self important shite that raised one single laugh over three episodes (that's all i'm watching). 

I agree it's really well observed and the characters seem well rounded but it completely lacks any humour. 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

In counterpoint to the views expressed above i found Ladhood to be self indulgent and self important shite that raised one single laugh over three episodes (that's all i'm watching). 

I agree it's really well observed and the characters seem well rounded but it completely lacks any humour. 

Think it requires a sense of humour.

miaaaaaaoow 🐈‍⬛ 

TV synopsis's (that right?) that give fucking spoilers.

Just finished a season of a show (won't say which one in case folk are or decide to watch it) where the cliffhanger is two folk being resuscitated. It ends with us not knowing if any of them survive. The show finishes and it comes up to tell us " X person's family come to terms with their death".

Absolutely fucking raging. More so that it wasn't the one I expected was going to die.