Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

They're not asking them for pi to 30 decimal places, just a couple of important numbers to support an investment. Completely reasonable and folk that don't know them are flakes. 
Deborah's bogey is a legitimate cause for complaint. It's been years she's been trying to get that off. 
It doesn't matter. If it was a board meeting they'd have those figures in front of them so I don't understand why they aren't allowed them in with them. It's just an absolute nonsense rule.

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
21 minutes ago, coprolite said:
They're not asking them for pi to 30 decimal places, just a couple of important numbers to support an investment. Completely reasonable and folk that don't know them are flakes. 
Deborah's bogey is a legitimate cause for complaint. It's been years she's been trying to get that off. 

It doesn't matter. If it was a board meeting they'd have those figures in front of them so I don't understand why they aren't allowed them in with them. It's just an absolute nonsense rule.

Why would they be pitching to vc investors in a board meeting?

If someone doesn't  intimately know the most important thing about their business then i can't see how they can be trusted to run it. 

I'd be embarrassed speaking to a client in a meeting about their forecasts if i had to look them up, and they aren’t even my forecasts. 

Why would they be pitching to vc investors in a board meeting?
If someone doesn't  intimately know the most important thing about their business then i can't see how they can be trusted to run it. 
I'd be embarrassed speaking to a client in a meeting about their forecasts if i had to look them up, and they aren’t even my forecasts. 
You know what I mean. An investment pitch.

Some folk aren't that great with exact numbers. I don't think that automatically rules them out of being able to run a successful business tbh.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

You know what I mean. An investment pitch.

Some folk aren't that great with exact numbers. I don't think that automatically rules them out of being able to run a successful business tbh.

I agree with that.

They do need to be confident and knowledgeable though. It's perfectly fine to say that they expect sales to grow from 500 thousand to a million over four years with net profit going up to about 100,000 without being overly specific if you can explain your strategy for getting there. 

There are folk that can't say what sales they've made over the last year, at all. Why would you give them money? 

Peculiar editing error on Pointless just now. At the start of the second round, as Alexander Armstrong was about to read out the question, there was a shot of the contestants and their scores from that round were in place on their podium displays. Gave away that the very tall guy and his mum were going to get both answers wrong.

Was bored and looking for something light to watch, chucked on Hunted. 

I enjoyed it when it first came out but stopped watching after the second season, I've always been very aware at the fakeness in the show, there's a lot of giveaways but after watching a bit of one of the later series I've been reading about just how fake some of it is, sounds like you have no chance of actually winning, they make you move around all the time, you can't revisit places, you're not allowed to reuse contacts, you're capped at how much money you could borrow, you have to use the ATM twice and on separate occasions and worst of all, you have to actively try and contact home or visit, that's the one part that would always jump out, people that have been away from their family for 24 days suddenly can't cope when there is a few days left to go, oh aye and the cameraman that follows you about apparantly acts as CCTV and regularly sends the hunters pictures of where you are... 😂

Edited by Stormzy

On 23/04/2021 at 16:20, Stormzy said:

Was bored and looking for something light to watch, chucked on Hunted. 

I enjoyed it when it first came out but stopped watching after the second season, I've always been very aware at the fakeness in the show, there's a lot of giveaways but after watching a bit of one of the later series I've been reading about just how fake some of it is, sounds like you have no chance of actually winning, they make you move around all the time, you can't revisit places, you're not allowed to reuse contacts, you're capped at how much money you could borrow, you have to use the ATM twice and on separate occasions and worst of all, you have to actively try and contact home or visit, that's the one part that would always jump out, people that have been away from their family for 24 days suddenly can't cope when there is a few days left to go, oh aye and the cameraman that follows you about apparantly acts as CCTV and regularly sends the hunters pictures of where you are... 😂

Of course. They can't actually highlight how fucking useless these guys would be at finding someone who didn't want to be found.

On 22/04/2021 at 17:48, GordonD said:

Peculiar editing error on Pointless just now. At the start of the second round, as Alexander Armstrong was about to read out the question, there was a shot of the contestants and their scores from that round were in place on their podium displays. Gave away that the very tall guy and his mum were going to get both answers wrong.

Pointless really has gone to shit. Less than half the programme is now spent on the actual questions and answers. The rest is Jug Lugs and the Giant Freak’s inane “banter”. I notice the celeb version is now up to 50 mins as well. 

Its a good format but the arse has been well and truly kicked out of it.

Gogglebox is a good idea for a show but everyone they have on it is unfunny and has zero patter.
This bit is still class tho

CRJj9xnWsAAMr0I.jpeg.ca5bb317be284962a72ce552a02cdde7.jpeg
Dunno, I think some of the comments that Pete and Sophie, The Sidiqi family and Jenny and Lee make can be quite funny. Saves me having to watch shite TV when I can just see the exciting bits on Gogglebox tbf.

Gogglebox is fine. We stopped watching for a good while as some of them were playing up to the cameras but the majority of them are fine now.

Some weeks are worse than others but overall it's a decent hour spent.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
17 hours ago, NotThePars said:
Gogglebox is a good idea for a show but everyone they have on it is unfunny and has zero patter.
This bit is still class tho

CRJj9xnWsAAMr0I.jpeg.ca5bb317be284962a72ce552a02cdde7.jpeg

Dunno, I think some of the comments that Pete and Sophie, The Sidiqi family and Jenny and Lee make can be quite funny. Saves me having to watch shite TV when I can just see the exciting bits on Gogglebox tbf.

Pete and Sophie are a pair of arseholes. Definitely up to the incest too. The best are the mancs with the dogs, the Welsh couple and Jenny and Lee. RIP the greatest of all Leon. 

8 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Pete and Sophie are a pair of arseholes. Definitely up to the incest too. The best are the mancs with the dogs, the Welsh couple and Jenny and Lee. RIP the greatest of all Leon. 

I was watching a bit with my ma yesterday and that smug vibe Pete has is annoying as f**k.

True story we met the gay lads in Dundee one time and when my mate asked one of them "what are in Dundee for?" he yelled back "WE'RE HERE TO FIND COCK".

Class. 

Late to the party on this, but we’re watching The People vs OJ Simpson at the moment, and I’m staggered at how bad some of the acting is.  David Schwimmer being the nadir, but John Travolta and Cuba Gooding Jr really are like am-dram over-actors.