Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

New series of Snackmasters started last night on Channel 4, with all four episodes on, er, All4. A pair of awful middle class chefs are given a snack or fast food item to make and are assessed by people from those companies. Last night's challenge was a Zinger burger from KFC. The chicken is marinated in a giant rotating cylinder and splats out the end, looking for all the world like literally anything other than meat. 

On 26/03/2021 at 19:59, Stormzy said:

I'm going to guess I've missed The Circle thread otherwise you guys have some seriously poor taste in shite reality tv shows. 

The army bird is perhaps the biggest Wid on the planet. 

I love the show but I really dont like how quickly they've went for the virtue signalling type of thing, I want the most devious machiavellian people ever but instead they have someone pretending to be in the NHS whilst also agreeing to give half the winnings to charity...

I would go full lifetime cancellation. 

This series has been really good. The last few nights have been superb trashy reality telly.

Just now, The Naitch said:

This series has been really good. The last few nights have been superb trashy reality telly.

Aye I've not watched tonight's yet but it's getting good. I didnt watch it live at the time but I sailed through season 1 and enjoyed it all but found myself getting pretty bored in season 2, not bored of this one yet. 

I think it's interesting how the first few series have really been about elaborate catfish personas gaming everyone but this series they've managed to show that the catfishes are actually more likeable and less "gameplayers" than Manrika, who is obviously playing herself and managing to be more manipulative and odious than people pretending to be other people. The catfish accounts this year have been really wholesome, I wanna see an edgy version but I can see why no channel would support that.  

Natalya is the biggest wid I've ever seen on TV too. 

On 29/03/2021 at 22:24, stanton said:

Finding Jack Charlton , excellent stuff 

On 31/03/2021 at 14:23, The Naitch said:

Finding Jack - BBC Two

Superb documentary about Jack Charlton. Mainly about his time as Ireland gaffer but also jumping between that and his dementia battles before he passed.

Well worth catching on the iPlayer.

Got round to watching this today, as a football fan watching his time as Ireland manager and the joy he brought to a whole country was was really goosebumps stuff, amazing to watch but watching him slowly decline was heartbreaking. A great watch and definitely recommended 

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Annoying : American crime programs where everyone knows every other person's name, rank and whatever agency they work at.

They never share anything with one another though. 

Aw man I might watch Justified again even tho it's only been two months.

On 06/04/2021 at 20:29, Bully Wee Villa said:

Tiger King was great fun. Didn't think the Theroux documentary was one of his best, though, largely as he was denied access to many of the key parties. Probably worth watching for balance if you've seen Tiger King, this is definitely more on Baskin's side, whereas Tiger King was quite pro-Exotic.

I haven't seen the new LT one, but i remember thinking that Joe Exotic came across as a narcissistic bullying sociopath, partial to a bit of animal cruelty, in Tiger King.  

Finding Jack Charlton , excellent stuff 
Finding Jack - BBC Two

Superb documentary about Jack Charlton. Mainly about his time as Ireland gaffer but also jumping between that and his dementia battles before he passed.

Well worth catching on the iPlayer.
Got round to watching this today, as a football fan watching his time as Ireland manager and the joy he brought to a whole country was was really goosebumps stuff, amazing to watch but watching him slowly decline was heartbreaking. A great watch and definitely recommended 
Watched this the other night having known little about Jack Charlton. He was some character and definitely didn't forget he was from a working class background. Maybe harsh on Bobby/the way it was filmed but I got the impression he had forgot where he was from so understand the feud.

It was a really good football documentary but the dementia side wasn't discussed as much as I had expected. I wouldn't have wanted him exploited of course but I didn't think it portrayed just how hard it is for the family to live with the disease. His wife came across really well an obviously did remarkably well with him. Did it say what type if dementia he had? Thankfully it looked like there wasn't much aggression from him and it was more that he had 'checked out'.

A really good watch though.
Tiger King was great fun. Didn't think the Theroux documentary was one of his best, though, largely as he was denied access to many of the key parties. Probably worth watching for balance if you've seen Tiger King, this is definitely more on Baskin's side, whereas Tiger King was quite pro-Exotic.
I haven't seen the new LT one, but i remember thinking that Joe Exotic came across as a narcissistic bullying sociopath, partial to a bit of animal cruelty, in Tiger King.  
I watched the latest Louis Theroux one the other day and didn't think it advanced the story at all. I'm a big fan of his stuff but it felt similar to the Saville one in that he was making it more for his own sake - 'Aw man, I wish I acted on the signs' type thing.

I have to say I thought he was portrayed as the person he was in Netflix absolutely spot on. The first episode or two gave the impression he cared about the animals and they were his life but it didn't take long for the cracks to appear and by the end we saw him for what he was. A self indulgent arsehole who cared only about exploiting the creatures.

I think they focussed too much on whether or not Baskin killed her husband (she absolutely did btw) and not enough on her hypocrisy. She was giving it that big cats shouldn't be caged (while standing in front of her own caged cats) but we never got to know why she didn't introduce her cats into the wild. I'm betting there would have been a few who could have survived. She wanted the empire to herself and was driven by the money but had more sense than Exotic and could compose herself. The majority of the folk who featured on these documentaries came across as complete oddballs.

The Hunter (Il Cacciatore).... Italian series on channel 4's Walter Presents strand. Anti mafia prosecutor goes after organised crime in Sicily during the 1990's. True story based on the book by the real life prosecutor Alfonso Sabella. Two episodes in and looks promising.

The set-up in Dragons Den. It really annoys me that the 'pitchers' have to memorise everything and aren't allowed to take in notes. It's an absolute farce. No one would go into a board meeting without all that info. written down so why do they have to pitch without it to hand? To add insult to injury, the arseholes they're pitching to are sitting scribbling notes!

11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The set-up in Dragons Den. It really annoys me that the 'pitchers' have to memorise everything and aren't allowed to take in notes. It's an absolute farce. No one would go into a board meeting without all that info. written down so why do they have to pitch without it to hand? To add insult to injury, the arseholes they're pitching to are sitting scribbling notes!

I think Dragon's Den has become repetitive and an ego trip for the dragons themselves. There's still some pointless ideas but most of the pitches now are at least reasonably professional. I it enjoyed it more when they allowed the more eccentric and delusional 'entrepreneurs' an opportunity. I'm out!

I think Dragon's Den has become repetitive and an ego trip for the dragons themselves. There's still some pointless ideas but most of the pitches now are at least reasonably professional. I it enjoyed it more when they allowed the more eccentric and delusional 'entrepreneurs' an opportunity. I'm out!
I don't watch it religiously anymore as I can only take so much of Deborah's face before I want to smash my tele. But that aspect has always annoyed me. Are you investing in a product or the pitcher's memory skills ffs.

11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

They're not asking them for pi to 30 decimal places, just a couple of important numbers to support an investment. Completely reasonable and folk that don't know them are flakes. 

Deborah's bogey is a legitimate cause for complaint. It's been years she's been trying to get that off.