Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

4 hours ago, GordonD said:

I suppose that would be middle class for Glasgow.

Just wondering why most of the characters talk like that, and speak in phrases that no Glaswegian would ever use.

Substandard dialogue last heard in pish like Holyoakes.

If anyone knows any of the production team, please feel free to pass on this constructive feedback.  

Been watching Rob & Romesh VS , just caught the end of one episode of the latest series, now have binged watched the entire thing. Rob Beckett just seems like a hyper child who has been given 18 packs of sour skittles, I can't tell if Romesh hates or likes him. Very easy watch and has given me a few belly laughs.

I know it's a daft wee thing, but I really enjoy it when there is live sport on from another country, and the guy who is supposed to be watching for the ad breaks has clearly gone for a shite and you get some random Aussie/American advert instead of Asda c**t or other British nonsense.

49 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I know it's a daft wee thing, but I really enjoy it when there is live sport on from another country, and the guy who is supposed to be watching for the ad breaks has clearly gone for a shite and you get some random Aussie/American advert instead of Asda c**t or other British nonsense.

Aye, that's always one of the pleasures of watching dodgy streams from the other side of the world too.

Brings back memories of flicking through the old analogue satellite channels when I was a kid. Speaking of Asda c**t, the German adverts always seemed to be full of tits too.

Not sure of this should be on the Netflix thread but seeing as it delighted and annoyed me at the same time, I'll add it here.

Behind Her Eyes (Netflix). First the delight: if you get past the ropy Scottish accents, the first three and a half/four episodes are tremendous - a good psychological thriller, a few dark secrets that you think you know but then aren't sure you know, people lying about everything, a workplace affair and a fantastic turn by Eve Hewson as the wife who is totally crazy in a Villanelle from Killing Eve way. It's well paced, has plenty of twists and keeps you guessing.

Then the annoyance - the last two episodes. Utter garbage. Felt so disappointed watching it all the way through that it turned out the way it did. I hadn't realised it was based on a book, but had I read it I would have been raging that something I'd invested so much time in went the way it did. As it was, I only spend a couple of nights watching it with the missus. The final twist was good but the bits leading up to it were pish.

I'll spoiler the reason why I hated the ending with a second spoiler as to the deux ex machina (sp?) they used.

It ended up being a supernatural/magic thing. I hate everything to do with magic and the supernatural and whatnot and had I known it was going to gondown that route I wouldn't have bothered. Worse than that Harry Potter shite. I wanted the tense psychological thriller you promised me, Netflix, not some wishy washy psychic mumbo jumbo

It was Astral Projection FFS

FFS!

Not sure of this should be on the Netflix thread but seeing as it delighted and annoyed me at the same time, I'll add it here.

Behind Her Eyes (Netflix). First the delight: if you get past the ropy Scottish accents, the first three and a half/four episodes are tremendous - a good psychological thriller, a few dark secrets that you think you know but then aren't sure you know, people lying about everything, a workplace affair and a fantastic turn by Eve Hewson as the wife who is totally crazy in a Villanelle from Killing Eve way. It's well paced, has plenty of twists and keeps you guessing.

Then the annoyance - the last two episodes. Utter garbage. Felt so disappointed watching it all the way through that it turned out the way it did. I hadn't realised it was based on a book, but had I read it I would have been raging that something I'd invested so much time in went the way it did. As it was, I only spend a couple of nights watching it with the missus. The final twist was good but the bits leading up to it were pish.

I'll spoiler the reason why I hated the ending with a second spoiler as to the deux ex machina (sp?) they used.

It ended up being a supernatural/magic thing. I hate everything to do with magic and the supernatural and whatnot and had I known it was going to gondown that route I wouldn't have bothered. Worse than that Harry Potter shite. I wanted the tense psychological thriller you promised me, Netflix, not some wishy washy psychic mumbo jumbo

FFS!

I watched a bit of the first episode and couldn’t get over the boys attempt at a Scottish accent and how awkward he was for a therapist, gave up after that.

FFS!

I totally hear you, I actually quite liked it though. Come the end it made me think back through a heck of a lot of the stuff that preceded it.

That accent though. Rob's at least resembled a regional accent, the accent of the main guy was howling.

Hip hop evolution on Netflix. I've 2 episodes left.

I like some hip hop, but am in no way knowledgeable about it. Some of the music in the series is great, some of it is Puff Daddy. Really interesting bits of culture and subculture from some of the slightly lesser seen parts of the US. A number of more cult artists i'd never heard of.  

I'm sure people who are more informed about these things would take exception to some of the narratives and the like. Personally i found it a bit odd that folk as influential as krs1 and public enemy got the same coverage as the 2 live crew or DJ screw but that might be a good thing. 

They should have had subtitles for memphis. 

I used to really enjoy Whose Line is it Anyway? back in the early Nineties, then it moved to America and turned into woeful shite, despite still starring Colin Mochrie and Ryan Stiles.

I've just noticed that the Yanks brought the show back again at some point, and...it's still awful, even though they got rid of the appalling Drew Carey. My question is: was the show always shite and it's just taken me this long to realise, or is this just something the Americans can't do for some reason?

On 11/02/2021 at 16:10, Boghead ranter said:

Better than the STV Player, where you get Susan Calman 3 or 4 times per 1 hour show.

They want to make up their mind about the size of Calman's house.

Her hallway isn't big enough to swing a cat and yet she's got a golf course in her living room.