Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Aye, he absolutely fucked it. I just knew when he looked at the clock with about 8 seconds left that his head had gone and he wasn't going to do it. 
One of my pet hates on these shows is contestants passing on questions like "Which colour/country/animal...". Just have a guess ffs!

The Serpent BBC 1, Sunday's 9pm, based on events during the 1970's in Thailand where various backpackers went missing after meeting evil French playboy Alain & his cohorts.

The Thai cops don't really want to know, so it's up to a geeky Dutch embassy guy to investigate.

Decent enough to stick with, so far. 

The Serpent BBC 1, Sunday's 9pm, based on events during the 1970's in Thailand where various backpackers went missing after meeting evil French playboy Alain & his cohorts.
The Thai cops don't really want to know, so it's up to a geeky Dutch embassy guy to investigate.
I'm up to episode six, quite enjoying it all. Moves along at a good pace, if a little jumpy between timelines. Also, the various sunglasses on display are very cool.

6 hours ago, pittsburgh phil said:
10 hours ago, Silverton End said:

I'm up to episode six, quite enjoying it all. Moves along at a good pace, if a little jumpy between timelines. Also, the various sunglasses on display are very cool.

Yes, the eyewear is sumptuous, as is Monique/Marie-Andree` 😍

10 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Too gloomy for me. Meanwhile got a wee thrill to see Horizon is back on tonight, maybe parallel universes or something? No.

image.png.be60ee78a339fa67cfcf0f64752ff562.png

Tonight’s One Show. Fantastic section about a guy who takes photos of people who have lost loved ones. The photos are taken in the same place that the original pictures of the couple’s were originally taken. Tear to a glass eye stuff at the end where he pictured himself with his mother, taking the place of his late father.

15 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Joe Swash on yet another "celebrity" version of a TV show. Honestly, is there anything this talentless whore won't do?

I hate those celebrity versions, especially Eggheads and The Chase, where the programme employees actively try to stop the contestants winning even though it's for charidee. I'd love them to receive a letter saying,

"Dear Eggheads - Congratulations on your win in tonight's show. We had hoped to buy a minibus with the £25,000 the contestants were playing for but that will no longer be possible. As such we will be unable to take the disabled children on outings to the country. Still, at least your reputation is intact."

9 hours ago, GordonD said:

I hate those celebrity versions, especially Eggheads and The Chase, where the programme employees actively try to stop the contestants winning even though it's for charidee. I'd love them to receive a letter saying,

"Dear Eggheads - Congratulations on your win in tonight's show. We had hoped to buy a minibus with the £25,000 the contestants were playing for but that will no longer be possible. As such we will be unable to take the disabled children on outings to the country. Still, at least your reputation is intact."

John Finnemore did a sketch about this on Radio 4. Can’t find a recording, but the transcript is below.

Spoiler

Charity gameshow

(Phone ringing)
Fiona: “Hello, clean water initiative UK?”
Rawley: “Oh hi, Fiona?”
Fiona: “Yes?”
Rawley: “Hi, it’s Rawley from Boswell Productions, about ‘Celebrity If You Say So’?”
Fiona: “Oh! Yes! Hello!”
Rawley: “Hiya! So yeah just really calling to let you know, we recorded the show yesterday, it all went really really well...”
Fiona: “Great.”
Rawley: “I’m happy to tell you that as Richard Bacon’s nominated charity, you will be receiving a donation from us for 6000 pounds!”
Fiona: “...oh! Great!”
Rawley: “Yeah I know!”
Fiona: “Eh, but didn’t you say, when we spoke before, it would be 25.000?”
Rawley: “Hm? Oh no no no no no, no, no! No I said it could be 25.000, 25 is the maximum he could’ve won.”
Fiona: “Right...”
Rawley: “But as it worked out, he got knocked out at the second round unfortunately. But, not before he mastered a very respectable 6000 pounds for your charity! So that’s lovely!”
Fiona: “So, sorry, just to be clear, you’re donating 6000 pounds...”
Rawley: “Yeah!”
Fiona: “Though you were prepared to donate 25.000...?”
Rawley: “Well, technically...”
Fiona: “But you won’t now...”
Rawley: “No.”
Fiona: “Sorry, can you just explain, why not?”
Rawley: “Well... Because Richard Bacon thought Sooty was a dog.”
Fiona: “Sooty was a dog?”
Rawley: “Well that’s what Richard Bacon thought yeah but he’s not. No, he’s a bear. So therefor, we can only donate 6000 pounds.”
Fiona: “Right, can I just tell you a little bit about the work we do here?”
Rawley: “I am a teeny bit busy...”
Fiona: “We provide fresh water wells to villages-”
Rawley: “Right.”
Fiona: “-in sub-Saharan Africa-”
Rawley: “Yeah...”
Fiona: “-which at a stroke reduce infant mortality by 80%. They eradicate cholera, diphtheria, tuberculosis...”
Rawley: “That’s really amazing, it honestly, it is...”
Fiona: “Yes.”
Rawley: “But my hands are tied, really, because when it comes down to it, Sooty is a bear...”
Fiona: “I know that!”
Rawley: “No no I know you do but, you see, the thing is, Richard Bacon didn’t... So you see my position...”
Fiona: “Yes, yes, but look, you, the company, must’ve budgeted for if he had known it.”
Rawley: “Well yes...”
Fiona: “You must’ve earmarked the 25.000 pounds you’d have given if Richard Bacon was more clued up about hand puppets...”
Rawley: “Well technically...”
Fiona: “Then, can’t you just pretend he did?”
Rawley: “Yeah, I’m sorry, I just don’t think that would be ethical.”
Fiona: “You don’t think that would be ethical?”
Rawley: “Yeah I’m sorry, we just have to be really careful with ethics on TV, you know, in this climate?”
Fiona: “But you’re fine with withholding 19.000 pounds worth of life saving water sources because Richard Bacon didn’t know Sooty was a dog?!”
Rawley: “Oh I’m afraid that clinches it, Sooty was a bear!”
Fiona: “I meant bear!”
Rawley: “I’m sorry, I have to take your first answer, thanks for playing, bye!”