Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On 05/11/2020 at 09:00, Northboy said:

Several BBC programmes, Breakfast Time in particular, spend a lot of air time promoting upcoming BBC shows. 

Thinking about it, ITV are at least as bad with their continual pushing of I'm a Celebrity, X Factor, Dancing on Ice etc etc

The BBC insisting that "their" crap like Strictly is worthy of leading headlines in their news programmes. 

Not sure if already mentioned but just finished watching Storyville documentary "The Life and Trials of Oscar Pistorius" on iPlayer. (in 4 parts.) I would highly recommend, had me in tears a few times.

Very interesting to look back on his life from when he was a bairn and the events that shaped him. Mrs. FP's take is that he was emotionally vulnerable but turned into an arrogant, narcissistic pr*ck.

Basically the South African OJ Simpson with additional tugging of the heartstrings.

12 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The BBC insisting that "their" crap like Strictly is worthy of leading headlines in their news programmes. 

I almost threw something at the TV last Saturday when the continuity announcer sent "everyone's" best wishes to Nicola and Katya now that they've had to drop out of SCD. I could just about have taken that  had it been the lead in to SCD itself but it was a link between two completely different programmes - the News and Pointless I think.

2 hours ago, Northboy said:

I almost threw something at the TV last Saturday when the continuity announcer sent "everyone's" best wishes to Nicola and Katya now that they've had to drop out of SCD. I could just about have taken that  had it been the lead in to SCD itself but it was a link between two completely different programmes - the News and Pointless I think.

As was said above, ITV are the same with I'm a Celebrity. They get a successful show and hammer the fucker into the ground.

On 19/11/2020 at 21:12, stanton said:

Cornwall with Simon Reeve .  Two programmes on BBC 2  about how the pandemic and other issues have affected the area . Good stuff again . Probably still available on the  i player 

Also about how the pandemic has affected the scope of travel programs?

3 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Jonathan Ross show tonight...'King of comedy ' Michael McIntyre. Nations favourite Joe Wicks. Biggest girl group Little Mix. That sounds like the biggest pile of shite in the history of television.......grrrrrrremoji35.png

Best avoided. Can't stand that backslapping 'shat..sorry chat show' 

Sorry to read of your loss, in the Covid thread Jimmy Boo. 

4 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Jonathan Ross show tonight...'King of comedy ' Michael McIntyre. Nations favourite Joe Wicks. Biggest girl group Little Mix. That sounds like the biggest pile of shite in the history of television.......grrrrrrremoji35.png

I take he's the  self proclaimed " King " 

Saw Michael McIntyre in Carlisle before he became 'big'. He was actually quite funny. I really can't stomach his stand-up now. His main go to seems to be bouncing his hair up and down. He also comes across as a complete c**t.

FWIW Little Mix probably are the biggest British girl group and are 'Wids' to a woman. Though Jesy is doing her best to ruin her looks with all the plastic surgery. Joe Wicks is a walloper though.

And that's all I have to say about that.

11 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Grand Sumo live on NHK World. Just going to a play-off for the Emperor’s Cup.

It’s tremendous. Love a bit of NHK world. Probably massive Japanese govt propaganda but it’s very relaxing. Watched a great programme about folk growing sesame seeds the other day. 

It’s tremendous. Love a bit of NHK world. Probably massive Japanese govt propaganda but it’s very relaxing. Watched a great programme about folk growing sesame seeds the other day. 

I really enjoy a lot of their in between news programmes. Back to the big stuff Takakeisho is now the biggest Big Yin.

I’m sure the commentators are the same or were trained by the ones that used to do Iron Chef.

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Saw Michael McIntyre in Carlisle before he became 'big'. He was actually quite funny. I really can't stomach his stand-up now. His main go to seems to be bouncing his hair up and down. He also comes across as a complete c**t.

I saw a bit of one of his shows where he got hold of Carol Vorderman's phone and sent dodgy texts to people in her contact list. One was the widow of one of the Challenger astronauts and another was an astronaut who was dying of pancreatic cancer. Hilarity did not ensue.

I think he's best summed up by a scene from Outnumbered, where Jake, the older boy, comes into the living room where his dad is watching TV.

Jake: What are you watching?
Dad: It's Michael McIntyre.
Jake: Why is the sound off?
Dad: It's Michael McIntyre.

On 20/11/2020 at 21:30, steveffc said:

Life on Mars, on Netflix, watched it at time but forgot how great it was, actually brilliant TV,

Aye it was great when it was on.  2006?  Think it was around then. Phil Glenister was so good in it. I didn't bother with the spin off.