Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On 08/10/2020 at 12:13, Silverton End said:

Guy Garvey's...From The Vaults on Sky Arts, Fridays at 9pm.

Excellent 

Yeah I caught that last week.

I usually watch BBC4 for old music but I find that it can be fairly repetitive. The Beeb wiped a lot of their archives so they're stuck with showing the clips over and over. 

It's pretty refreshing to see what ITV have in their vaults.

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

Currently watching a documentary about the Cold War and the narrator keeps pronouncing 'nuclear' as 'noocyular'. It's got to the point where I'm dreading the bloody word coming up because I know I'm going to get even more annoyed.

I just caught up with Intelligence the sky program with David Schwimmer as lead. Its pretty shite, Schwimmer plays his character well but the rest are a bit meh. Tuva is sensational in it but strangely is nowhere near as attractive IRL. 

just saw a "play for today:country" which had been on bbc4.its from 1981 and is set at a country house family gathering on the eve of the 1945 general election,was very good.dunno if its on the iplayer but its worth catching if so, some cast too

Edited by highlandcowden

4 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

just saw a "play for today:country" which had been on bbc4.its from 1981 and is set at a country house family gathering on the eve of the 1945 general election,was very good.dunno if its on the iplayer but its worth catching if so, some cast too

Available on Sky Catchup until 11 November.

Rob Burrow : My year with MND .  Heartbreaking stuff to watch . I have first hand knowledge of just how awful this condition is having watched a good friend be diagnosed and deteriorate. Hopefully some day a cure or some form of treatment will be available to all of suffer from it 

On 12/10/2020 at 21:19, Savage Henry said:

The Mole: infiltrating North Korea is completely insane.  Like a Le Carre novel in real life. 

This is great, I watched Kim visit a new-build housing estate, interspersed with glorious sunrises, songs & cheering crowds. 👇

https://kcnawatch.org/korea-central-tv-livestream/

13 hours ago, stanton said:

Rob Burrow : My year with MND .  Heartbreaking stuff to watch . I have first hand knowledge of just how awful this condition is having watched a good friend be diagnosed and deteriorate. Hopefully some day a cure or some form of treatment will be available to all of suffer from it 

His decline has been really fast, I found it a really difficult watch knowing it wasn't that long ago he was an absolute star in that great Leeds team.

John Bishop's Great Whale Rescue.  I really cannot stand the man but it was like a different person who front this tale about returning 2 Beluga whales to a sanctuary.

Absolutely fascinating and you could see Bishop was really into it. One of the best programmes to have been on recently.

The Mole: Infiltrating North Korea on BBC iplayer. Totally bonkers unemployed Danish chef and actor/criminal/ex Foreign Legionnaire pretend to be a great friend and admirer of Kim and billionaire international arms and drug dealer. In North Korea. :1eye

P.S. I see @Savage Henry beat me to it!

Edited by welshbairn