Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 18:47, welshbairn said:

Well pissed off that the BBC are clogging up their entire bandwidth with Glastonbury when it isn't even fucking on. One channel maybe...

They've switched from Glastonbury to Wimbledon now.

12 hours ago, spud131 said:

Fred from First Dates and some female English chef were on a programme earlier showing you the best places to eat in Venice.
She starts off by saying there are lots of good places to eat without being ripped off in a tourist trap, then proceeds to take him to a cafe on St Marks Square where they paid the best part of 60 euros for two coffees and two cakes!

Be fair, they did also share an ice cream between them as part of the 60 euros.

Those prices in St Mark's Square are no surprise but the little, out of the way, family restaurant at the end charged 20 euros for risotto - 20 euros for a bowl of boiled rice!!!

Edited by Northboy
TEXT

Be fair, they did also share an ice cream between them as part of the 60 euros.
Those prices in St Mark's Square are no surprise but the little, out of the way, family restaurant at the end charged 20 euros for risotto - 20 euros for a bowl of boiled rice!!!
Forgot about those 2 scoops of ice cream they had!
The wee restaurant they went to looked good but the portions looked pretty small and they were 150 euro for 2 courses each and some wine.

Fred from First Dates and some female English chef were on a programme earlier showing you the best places to eat in Venice.
She starts off by saying there are lots of good places to eat without being ripped off in a tourist trap, then proceeds to take him to a cafe on St Marks Square where they paid the best part of 60 euros for two coffees and two cakes!
It was Cafe Florian I think. At those cafes in Piazza San Marco there are two prices, inside or outside. The outside price is double (they justify it by saying you are paying for the orchestra that is in the wee tents at each bar, as well as the view) but when the inside price for an espresso is €8...

13 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Current breakfast TV viewing is a trim American chef called Giada on Food Network.  She always wears a teasingly low cut but unslutty top. I can never remember what she actually cooks.

That's Dino De Laurentiis's granddaughter

I'll Be Gone In The Dark

HBO 6 part documentary about writer Michelle Mcnamara's investigation into the east area rapist/murderer (aka Zodiak killer) who began raping and murdering in California from the 1970's. One episode released so far and seems worth sticking with. Same case as featured in the film Zodiak(2007)

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/jun/22/ill-be-gone-in-the-dark-documentary-hbo-sky

Think this drops off the planners etc today so probably a bit pointless posting it here but here goes: Grayson's Art Club. 

There is a wee bit of over zoom low quality stuff but he's an engaging presenter. It's like one of Tony Hart's programmes for grown ups who have had a hard life. Some good guests too. Jim Moir/Vic Reeves, doing some painting and having a chat. 

11 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

I'll Be Gone In The Dark

HBO 6 part documentary about writer Michelle Mcnamara's investigation into the east area rapist/murderer (aka Zodiak killer) who began raping and murdering in California from the 1970's. One episode released so far and seems worth sticking with. Same case as featured in the film Zodiak(2007)

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/jun/22/ill-be-gone-in-the-dark-documentary-hbo-sky

One correction: the East Area rapist wasn’t the Zodiac killer.  He was also known as the Golden State Killer.

Those aren’t the same cases.

Edited by Savage Henry

I Am Not Your Negro on the iPlayer is an incredibly powerful piece of work, based on James Baldwin’s letters and television appearances.   It’s a very, very tough watch.  As it should be, I guess. 

23 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I liked that post up to the word “unslutty”.

Used to watch Bitchin Kitchen, presented by a girl who looked like one on the girlfriends from the Sopranos. She would be your gal if slutty was your thing. She would cook challenging stuff like Mac and Cheese for the entertainment of shallow scumbags like myself.

7 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Used to watch Bitchin Kitchen, presented by a girl who looked like one on the girlfriends from the Sopranos. She would be your gal if slutty was your thing. She would cook challenging stuff like Mac and Cheese for the entertainment of shallow scumbags like myself.

I remember Bitchin Kitchin.

In fact I might remember it a bit more later when the wife’s away to her bed.

On 30/06/2020 at 07:29, Hampden Diehard said:

I watched the one with the Hamiltons which coincided with the bizarre sex assault case. I ended up feeling sorry for that mad wife as the press ladled into them, which I didn't see coming. The husband came over as a simpleton (think, Tim Nice But Dim) , which just confirmed what I thought.

I think susequent behaviour has confirmed my initial impression of those two.

Spoiler

They're both cúnts. Horrible, horrible, cúnts.

On Netflix there is a programme called 'Home Game', about various niche local sports, including The Highland Games and Roller Derby.

The best episode was about Calcio Storico (Historic Football) in Florence.

They basically batter the crap out of each other, to clear a path for their point scorer