Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 22:27, Zen Archer Esq. said:

The first episode of Minder, "Gunfight at the OK Laundrette"  features Terry boldly using the 'N' word, surprisingly it endured for 11 series after that.

Minder episodes had some great titles which were puns on common phrases, famous films etc ...

The Beer Hunter, The Birdman of Wormwood Scrubs, Senior Citizen Caine, An Officer and a Car Salesman, A Bird in the Hand is Worth Two in Shepherd's Bush etc

Kermode and Mayo film review is good.

In the latest one Kermode stuck by his idea that jaws isn’t a film about a shark. 

“So even though Spielberg described it as a film about a shark you deny it?”

”it’s not about a shark”

”is”

”isn’t”

”is”

He then compared it to Donald trump as the truth-sayer in jaws was scapegoated. Maybe he’s been on the drink during lockdown?

:lol:

8 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Kermode and Mayo film review is good.

In the latest one Kermode stuck by his idea that jaws isn’t a film about a shark. 

“So even though Spielberg described it as a film about a shark you deny it?”

”it’s not about a shark”

”is”

”isn’t”

”is”

He then compared it to Donald trump as the truth-sayer in jaws was scapegoated. Maybe he’s been on the drink during lockdown?

:lol:

I enjoyed that exchange. Hoping they ask Kermode to explain the hidden meaning of "Snakes On A Plane" next week.

The Friday Night dinner promo, the Susan Calman bank adverts and the click clack one with the Irish reality non-entity are all extremely annoying.
Also a raft of children's TV shows that are terrible, the modern Thomas the Tank Engine is horrible.
Shimmer and Shine theme is an absolute banger, though.

I’ve had to endure that Susan Calman advert loads when watching the racing on the STV app this week and it’s somehow made me hate her more than I did before. I hate her voice, I hate her face, I despise her. Tbf to her though it’s probably STV’s fault for only having one advert for every single time you load the app so we all have to endure it time and time again.