Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Random "Family Feud" (Yank Family Fortunes) videos have been popping up on my FB the past few days and some of the answers the Yanks come away with are absolutely horrendous, they really fit the stereotype of being dumb as f**k. Question was something like "name a country where the woman might have moustaches", first guy answers France, second guy answers Paris...

1 hour ago, stanton said:

Chasing the moon , 6 part documentary on BBC Four  about the space race been good so far . Interesting stuff 

Watched a fair bit of it the first time they showed it, would have preferred it if they talked more about the technical challenges rather than the political and social, but well put together. I'll try to finish it this time around.

On 27/05/2020 at 22:23, Salvo Montalbano said:

Sky Documentary channel started today and one of the headline programmes is "McMillions" about the American McDonald's Monopoly fraud. Six parts, watched the first three tonight. Very good, with the usual assortment of bonkers American law enforcement officers, gangsters, people to sympathise with and some plain weirdos. Recommended.

On 28/05/2020 at 10:22, GordonD said:

Saw a trailer for this so I've downloaded the first episode. I was looking forward to watching it so good to hear it won't be a waste of time.

Finished watching this, enjoyable stuff. I was waiting for some high-tech explanation as to how the guy behind it managed to circumvent the maximum security conditions at the place that printed the winning stickers. What actually happened was that

Spoiler

he had an envelope holding the winning pieces which he delivered from the printing plant to the place where they made the McDonald's packaging, with a chaperone accompanying him to ensure no funny business. Then somebody accidentally sent him a sheet of the security stickers that sealed the envelopes, so all he had to do was go into the toilets at the airport (the chaperone was a woman so she couldn't follow him!!!!!) and take out the winners then replace them with ordinary ones and put a new sticker on the envelope. The envelope itself was in a briefcase with combination locks - he had one combination and she had the other, so in theory neither one could open it on their own, but he just watched her opening her side.

Edited by GordonD

18 hours ago, stanton said:

Cardinal , Binge watching the first 3 series again before the start of series  4 on Wednesday night . If you like stuff like Wallender & Wisting  you should enjoy this 

This is supposed to be the final series they're making of Cardinal.

Think it was series 1 or 2, with the drug dealer guys out in the boondocks, & their gangleader who thought that he had tribal God-like powers.

That was an excellent series.

On 02/06/2020 at 14:03, Silverton End said:

This is supposed to be the final series they're making of Cardinal.

Think it was series 1 or 2, with the drug dealer guys out in the boondocks, & their gangleader who thought that he had tribal God-like powers.

That was an excellent series.

That was series  2 , very dark stuff but very good also  the events at the end of the final episode led directly in to series 3 

Edited by stanton

Watched the new football show from the makers of the inbetweeners.
Its shite.
Trailer looked fuckin dreadful but the fact that it was about football would have been enough for me to give it a go. Glad to have an excuse to body swerve it now.

Just now, paul-r-cfc said:
1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:
Watched the new football show from the makers of the inbetweeners.
Its shite.

Trailer looked fuckin dreadful but the fact that it was about football would have been enough for me to give it a go. Glad to have an excuse to body swerve it now.

Don’t even think about watching it. I listened to five live and Chris stark was going on about how funny it was. He’s either an investor or insane.

A Black And White Killing.

Two part BBC documentary about a black man being killed by a white man with his vehicle in Portland, Oregon. Starts out pretty straightforward then takes a bit of a twist. Seems to have been on last year and presumably back on now due to recent events. Well worth a watch but would tend to reinforce the view that America is a totally fucked up shit hole.

Motorway Patrol / Highway Patrol - New Zealand's & Australia's version of Police Camera Action . If the actions of the people featured on these programs weren't so shockingly serious this would be comedy gold , some of the folks on here  look as if they'd struggle to walk along the pavement unaided , never mind drive a motor vehicle 

Motorway Patrol / Highway Patrol - New Zealand's & Australia's version of Police Camera Action . If the actions of the people featured on these programs weren't so shockingly serious this would be comedy gold , some of the folks on here  look as if they'd struggle to walk along the pavement unaided , never mind drive a motor vehicle 
I'm sure I've seen episodes of this when they suspect someone of drink driving but when they refuse a breath sample they get given a ticket then just drive away still pissed.