Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

The 50 greatest FA Cup moments. 

Some great moments indeed. 

Helen Skelton. 

All good so far. 

The fucking script though. Fuckin hell!!!  

Parents of kids that watch the kids channels on Sky will probably know what I'm talking about here.

There's a load of adverts aimed at kids that seem to employ the same woman whose entire skill set appears to be "talking like a child", except she doesn't talk like a child, she talks like a grown woman pretending to be a child and it's creepy as f**k.

Over the weekend I saw several adverts for Britain's Best Parents, starting this week on Channel 4. I have no intention of watching but you can be sure it will feature some of the most disagreeable people ever to appear on television.

Ricky & Ralph's  Very Northern Road Trip . Ralph  Little and his TV dad Ricky Tomlinson touring The North of England in a camper van  , described by Ralph as  " A Two bob version of the The Trip "  .  

59 minutes ago, Hauftimedraw said:

Programme is just OK, prefer it for the soundtrack TBH. Buzzcocks, Wedding Present, Orange Juice etc

Forgot about the music.  Always a big plus.

I have a nephew with a genetic disorder -  not the same as autism but it is striking quite how the relationships are on the show mirror my family.  Especially the way the parents disagree on certain things in the first season.

Plus Morven Christie 😍

Started watching Normal People. Bit perplexed at how the male lead character appears to be older than his mum. He looks about 27 and his mum can’t be any more than about 25. Seems an odd oversight with the casting but other than that it has some really well observed stuff in it. 

The maw is class, absolutely hilarious and no afraid to tell him when he’s being a fud. The best person in it is Niall though, the absolute soundest c**t to ever be on tv, film or indeed anywhere else.

21 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

I just keep waiting for Greg McHugh to break into full Gary Tank Commander though...

Took me ages to place who he was - he's surprised me as he's quite a decent actor.

Sky Documentary channel started today and one of the headline programmes is "McMillions" about the American McDonald's Monopoly fraud. Six parts, watched the first three tonight. Very good, with the usual assortment of bonkers American law enforcement officers, gangsters, people to sympathise with and some plain weirdos. Recommended.

11 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Sky Documentary channel started today and one of the headline programmes is "McMillions" about the American McDonald's Monopoly fraud. Six parts, watched the first three tonight. Very good, with the usual assortment of bonkers American law enforcement officers, gangsters, people to sympathise with and some plain weirdos. Recommended.

Saw a trailer for this so I've downloaded the first episode. I was looking forward to watching it so good to hear it won't be a waste of time.