Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Okay good there are gin drinkers here. I need your advice.
The wife wants gin for our wedding, preferably for pink gin but I don't have a clue. We tried pink gin last year which was delicious but no idea what it was.

Are Tanquerey or Beefeater any good? We've been offered these as choices from our drinks supplier.

They are both fine.  Tanquery No 10, though, is much superior to both.  I don't drink that much gin but do make a G&T now and then if I have people round and I'd not buy anything else now.

4 minutes ago, Adrian Madaschi said:
1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:
Gangs of London pretty good on sky atlantic
Simmered along nicely then the end was class.

Enjoyed it. Thought the fight scenes were a bit over choreographed would be my only real negative with it.

It was a bit out of place, same directors as the raid film. 

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Indeed. Will be binging on it as soon as I get home at the weekend. 

Gin and Tonic has always been an excellent drink. Gin being hijacked in the last couple of years with nonsense colours and flavours shouldnt detract from that.

When all that bollocks goes out of fashion, the G&T (lime, not lemon) shall endure.

Not at all surprised when the main hero fighting guy met the Chinese woman in the alley. Worth continuing with if I can follow what the hell is going on.

I know it's hard not to think it's scripted/staged to an extent, but the level of delusion in some of the chefs in Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares is phenomenal. Today I'm watching a guy who thinks Gordon has never had a real pizza because he only eats fancy things, and that he knows more than Gordon because he has been cooking for longer.

He'd definitely fit in on P&B.

6 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I know it's hard not to think it's scripted/staged to an extent, but the level of delusion in some of the chefs in Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares is phenomenal. Today I'm watching a guy who thinks Gordon has never had a real pizza because he only eats fancy things, and that he knows more than Gordon because he has been cooking for longer.

All episodes of that are the same, and they're still brilliant. 

You may enjoy this list: https://www.kitchennightmaresupdates.com/p/all-kitchen-nightmares-updates.html

18 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

Indeed. Will be binging on it as soon as I get home at the weekend. 

Couldn't wait, I'm up to ep4 and will likely watch another couple tonight when I finish work. It'll be done by Sunday :) 

It's fucking excellent. Best thing I've enjoyed on tv for quite a while.

Have you seen the one with this woman? A genuine sociopath. Absolutely detestable woman who was not only in complete denial but she was also absolutely horrible to her staff. I think she got a shitload of abuse online after the episode aired due to how horrible she was. One of the few episodes where Ramsay put his hands up and walked away.

She was supposedly a fantastic baker though.

52 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Have you seen the one with this woman? A genuine sociopath. Absolutely detestable woman who was not only in complete denial but she was also absolutely horrible to her staff. I think she got a shitload of abuse online after the episode aired due to how horrible she was. One of the few episodes where Ramsay put his hands up and walked away.

She was supposedly a fantastic baker though.

that was Amy's Baking Company and it turned out in the end she did not bake any of the items a brought them frozen. 

Couldn't wait, I'm up to ep4 and will likely watch another couple tonight when I finish work. It'll be done by Sunday [emoji4] 
It's fucking excellent. Best thing I've enjoyed on tv for quite a while.

Just started ep 2. Maybe it wont be as violent....okay

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Just started ep 2. Maybe it wont be as violent....okay

Wait a while :o

Just finished 5,6+7. 8+9 tomorrow or Sunday I think. 

It's been bloody excellent IMO.