Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

17 hours ago, Silverton End said:

The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross, every night at 7pm on BBC 4.

The guy is incredible, makes it look so easy.

Followed by The Beauty of Maps.

Beautiful

Brilliant artist. I used to watch this years ago, I think it ran on channel 4. Unless the programme has been expertly edited, he appears to run up a classy painting in half an hour.

3 hours ago, glassnahalf said:

Brilliant artist. I used to watch this years ago, I think it ran on channel 4. Unless the programme has been expertly edited, he appears to run up a classy painting in half an hour.

Yeah, a few tv channels used to show Bob's programme. Can remember it being on Discovery years ago.

Don't believe it is edited, he really is that good

Managed to get the VPN up long enough to binge on Quiz. Fucking hell! Fantastic bit of TV. Plus, I didn't expect it to cloud my view on how obviously guilty they all were. Fabulous as ever is Michael Sheen, but I thought Sian Clifford and Matthew Macfadyen as the Ingrams stole the show. Also, Aisling Bea (wid) and Jasmyn Banks (also wid).

Managed to get the VPN up long enough to binge on Quiz. Fucking hell! Fantastic bit of TV. Plus, I didn't expect it to cloud my view on how obviously guilty they all were. Fabulous as ever is Michael Sheen, but I thought Sian Clifford and Matthew Macfadyen as the Ingrams stole the show. Also, Aisling Bea (wid) and Jasmyn Banks (also wid).
It has been criticised by some people who were involved including Chris Tarrant as being heavily biased in favour of making it seem they were innocent (or at least that there was some doubt) but yeah, it was a good wee series. It might have been good to make it a 4 parter to hear more of the court case. In the original play, the audience were given key pads and were the "jury" at the end to determine their guilt or innocence but if they only heard what was in the TV version they'd probably always get off.

On 20/04/2020 at 19:20, Silverton End said:

The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross

Absolutely excellent tv. Just so bloody relaxing to watch. He was a bloody genius. 

I'm also enjoying the classic snooker the BBC are showing at the moment.

Joe Johnson v Steve Davis today. Whispering Ted Lowe commentating. Magic.

:) 

1 hour ago, Trackdaybob said:

Absolutely excellent tv. Just so bloody relaxing to watch. He was a bloody genius. 

I'm also enjoying the classic snooker the BBC are showing at the moment.

Joe Johnson v Steve Davis today. Whispering Ted Lowe commentating. Magic.

:) 

I'm not a massive snooker fan, but I watched Alex Higgins - The People's Champion, BBC 2 showed it on Sunday there, a pretty good programme. Might be on the i-player

9 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
14 hours ago, MSU said:

It has been criticised by some people who were involved including Chris Tarrant as being heavily biased in favour of making it seem they were innocent (or at least that there was some doubt) but yeah, it was a good wee series. It might have been good to make it a 4 parter to hear more of the court case. In the original play, the audience were given key pads and were the "jury" at the end to determine their guilt or innocence but if they only heard what was in the TV version they'd probably always get off.

I guess when they dedicate the final episode almost entirely to the defense, it's going to appear skewed. I thought they were guilty beforehand, I reckon they still are, but I enjoyed the doubt. Wasn't expecting that.

35 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Raspberry gin and lemonade is very refreshing and with a large measure gives you a decent buzz. And yes I do have a penis.

I'd have gone for a slice of lemon in mine, but each to their own.

Gin is delicious. Any man not trying Gin is scared they will (they will) enjoy it.
I'd have gone for a slice of lemon in mine, but each to their own.
Raspberry gin and lemonade is very refreshing and with a large measure gives you a decent buzz. And yes I do have a penis.
Okay good there are gin drinkers here. I need your advice.
The wife wants gin for our wedding, preferably for pink gin but I don't have a clue. We tried pink gin last year which was delicious but no idea what it was.

Are Tanquerey or Beefeater any good? We've been offered these as choices from our drinks supplier.

31 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The wife wants gin for our wedding, preferably for pink gin but I don't have a clue. We tried pink gin last year which was delicious but no idea what it was.

Are Tanquerey or Beefeater any good? We've been offered these as choices from our drinks supplier.

Tanqueray Rangpur is glorious

33 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Tanquerey is fine. Beefeater is shite.   Get them to source this. Thank me later.

1F865B33-CE7D-41FC-9A52-B22F9133E778.jpeg