Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

I recently watched all of Him and Her on I player, it was a good watch. It starts off as pretty harmless fun between 20 somethings who live like tramps but as it goes on it becomes pretty excruciating at points with some of the characters being properly sinister and horrible. Was a strange mix of emotions watching it tbh.

I recently watched all of Him and Her on I player, it was a good watch. It starts off as pretty harmless fun between 20 somethings who live like tramps but as it goes on it becomes pretty excruciating at points with some of the characters being properly sinister and horrible. Was a strange mix of emotions watching it tbh.

Laura is possibly one of the most horrible sitcom characters ever. She has absolutely no redeeming qualities*. Though at The Wedding she takes it to a new level. The scene with her and the woman marrying them is extremely uncomfortable. Paul is at least comical. In the end they at least get what they both deserved.

It's really easy viewing with relaxed humour throughout. They are a couple of slobs but are likeable characters. Dan adds another weird comedy element.

It has a lot of The Office's awkward/uncomfortable moments so I don't imagine it's for everyone but it's a show I really love.

I don’t know about easy or relaxed viewing throughout and particularly not towards the end. Laura goes from being a pretty dim but quite funny bimbo to a verified domestic and psychological abuser. Also the way in which Steve is treated by the father and the way in which he is alienated at the wedding despite being best man is very uncomfortable viewing as well. A real mixed bag for me.

Tattoo Fixers. Not a programme I usually watch but I saw it last night and I despair for the future of this country.

One guy had a tattoo on his thigh of a cartoon penis chasing a vagina (both with legs). He was worried about it because he couldn't wear shorts when he was taking charge of a boys' football team. One of the tattooists said what everybody was thinking: that if she had a son she wouldn't let him anywhere near a guy with a tattoo like that.

A 40-year-old woman called Shelly liked acrostics and when she was a teenager had come up with one for her own name and had it tattooed on her shoulder. I forget all the words but S was Sexy, Y was Yeah! and one of the Ls was Luscious - except that the spelling was wrong! (They'd missed out the C.) Nobody mentioned that to her...

Best/worst one was a young guy who came back from his dad's stag weekend in Magaluf with an unwanted souvenir. Apparently his dad and granddad got him pissed and took him to a tattoo parlour where he ended up with 'CUM IN MY BUM' on one cheek and an arrow on the other, pointing to his arsehole. Thanks, dad.

Just finished watching dead water fell and thought it was shit. Almost nothing happens after the first episode apart from a few half arsed plot twists that don’t materialise to anything followed by a rushed ending that offers no twist whatsoever. Avoid.

Way late on this, but The kid who plays John in the new Gammon-triggering Wurzel Gummidge is a looky-likey for Brittany Howard from Alabama Shakes.

Edit: it’s an absolute delight. Oddly enough, it has a distinct Detectorists feel, but that’s because Mackenzie Crook directed both.

Channel 4, tomorrow night (Thursday) - Barrymore : The Body In The Pool.

2 hour forensic documentary on the unexplained death of Stuart Lubbock, the subsequent investigation, and the fact that no-one has ever even been arrested, far less charged or convicted.

Heard the documentary producer interviewed at length on the radio today, and he made it sound really interesting. 

17 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

2 hour forensic documentary on the unexplained death of Stuart Lubbock, the subsequent investigation, and the fact that no-one has ever even been arrested, far less charged or convicted.

Heard the documentary producer interviewed at length on the radio today, and he made it sound really interesting. 

I have a feeling that this, or a documentary very much like it, was on the TV about 5 years ago. I think these producers were banking on Barrymore staying on Dancing on Ice.

Must be really damaging towards Barrymore as his lawyers released a statement this afternoon denying any wrong doing on his behalf.

On 05/02/2020 at 20:46, Boghead ranter said:

Just done a bit of digging on this. Looks like a niece  of mine was at the party that night.😧

Edited by supermik

On 05/02/2020 at 20:46, Boghead ranter said:

Started watching this. Surprise surprise the News of the World coming across as b*****ds! 

5 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

Started watching this. Surprise surprise the News of the World coming across as b*****ds! 

Seriously. What the f**k is wrong with that journalist?