Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Is it ever not on the telly though? Don't get me wrong, it's perfect for a hangover cure on a lazy Sunday afternoon, but I can't see the point of  box set, that's what they invented ITV3+4 for.
Seems to be the same episodes each week annoyingly. 5 Star seem to have the most but ITV4 have been showing them recently and they are ones that haven't been on the tele for a while.

On 09/01/2020 at 22:18, welshbairn said:

Is it ever not on the telly though? Don't get me wrong, it's perfect for a hangover cure on a lazy Sunday afternoon, but I can't see the point of  box set, that's what they invented ITV3+4 for.

A few years back I got the father in law a Columbo box set. The box it came in was a large cigar box which I thought was quite cool.

F199CA2A-4313-4188-8935-01F43FDE75B8.jpeg

Did anyone see Eat Well For Less earlier?
There was a youngish lassie on who was married with two kids but had never eaten anything apart from chicken nuggets, chips or really basic food.
Greg Wallace and the other guy were rightly concerned and made her try stuff. She’d never tried any fruit and didn’t know what a cauliflower was along with never trying fish or liking any spices. She had an issue with one of her kids being unwell but ffs, this is mental. Eating a grape as if it was something from another planet. 

There's an apprentice at my work who has never tried soup. He didn't have Christmas dinner, he had chicken nuggets. I don't interact with him, he disgusts me. His parents are obviously scumbags as well.

There's an apprentice at my work who has never tried soup. He didn't have Christmas dinner, he had chicken nuggets. I don't interact with him, he disgusts me. His parents are obviously scumbags as well.

Will he manage to finish his apprenticeship before he snaps and dismembers his parents ?

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:
On 12/01/2020 at 20:06, D.A.F.C said:
Did anyone see Eat Well For Less earlier?
There was a youngish lassie on who was married with two kids but had never eaten anything apart from chicken nuggets, chips or really basic food.
Greg Wallace and the other guy were rightly concerned and made her try stuff. She’d never tried any fruit and didn’t know what a cauliflower was along with never trying fish or liking any spices. She had an issue with one of her kids being unwell but ffs, this is mental. Eating a grape as if it was something from another planet. 

Really can’t understand that way of eating. I was fascinated by it tbh. I would pay them to eat stuff on YouTube, would go viral.

This lassie hadn’t eaten a strawberry, watermelon, grapes, olives any type of fish but had two kids and seemed normal. Her mum was the same. 

Weird.

On 09/01/2020 at 06:51, Salvo Montalbano said:

I watched an episode of Colombo at the weekend. I had forgotten how good it is, particularly Falk but also the unusual nature of the crimes. Is it available via any of the normal streaming services?

Iirc he was quite aggressive in the pilot episode, then changed to become the fantastic Columbo we all know and love now. I don't think it would've been a success had he not done so, wasn't very likeable when he was bullying and shouting at a woman to get an answer to his question, the softer approach where he just wears them down with persistence, while starting off looking like a  bumbling annoying fool, right up to the point where the murderer realizes Columbo has him bang to rights is much better.

Iirc he was quite aggressive in the pilot episode, then changed to become the fantastic Columbo we all know and love now. I don't think it would've been a success had he not done so, wasn't very likeable when he was bullying and shouting at a woman to get an answer to his question, the softer approach where he just wears them down with persistence, while starting off looking like a  bumbling annoying fool, right up to the point where the murderer realizes Columbo has him bang to rights is much better.
Yip I remember that. I posted something on the actual Columbo thread about that and someone said he had never shouted. It was that long since I saw it that I started to doubt myself! Glad someone else remembers [emoji38]

I agree. The soft approach is the whole point of the show IMO. If he was aggressive he wouldn't come across as the perceived bumbling idiot.

28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yip I remember that. I posted something on the actual Columbo thread about that and someone said he had never shouted. It was that long since I saw it that I started to doubt myself! Glad someone else remembers emoji38.png

I agree. The soft approach is the whole point of the show IMO. If he was aggressive he wouldn't come across as the perceived bumbling idiot.

I was quite shocked when I saw that episode again in a repeat, after being used to seeing his subtle and  cunning way of catching the murderer, letting them believe they were so much smarter than him that they didn't have anything to worry about. Thankfully they realized very quickly it was the wrong approach. 

I was quite shocked when I saw that episode again in a repeat, after being used to seeing his subtle and  cunning way of catching the murderer, letting them believe they were so much smarter than him that they didn't have anything to worry about. Thankfully they realized very quickly it was the wrong approach. 
Even his hair and suit doesn't feel right in that episode. You need the raincoat and scruffy hair [emoji38]

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The Just-Eat adverts:-

Couple: "I fancy a takeaway"

Annoying cow: " Did somebody say Just-Eeeeeat?"

No. They never said "Just-Eeeeeat", they said they wanted a takeaway. Arsehole.

:thumsup2

Exactly, naebody said 'just eat'.

Dunno if this has been said, too lazy to read back through this thread, those bloody TUI ads, away and get them tae f**k, even with the sound turned down they're annoying, cause you can see that stupid patting thing they do with their hands.

Oh and put U in the middle, what does that even mean, would be better if they put you first, no in the fucking middle. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

44 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

:thumsup2

Exactly, naebody said 'just eat'.

Dunno if this has been said, too lazy to read back through this thread, those bloody TUI ads, away and get them tae f**k, even with the sound turned down they're annoying, cause you can see that stupid patting thing they do with their hands.

Oh and put U in the middle, what does that even mean, would be better if they put you first, no in the fucking middle. 

I think they're alluding to the fact that you're at the centre of everything they do.

Certainly, moving money from your bank account to theirs is.