Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On 07/01/2020 at 18:22, 19QOS19 said:

Valerie Singleton having an absolute nightmare on House of Games on BBC2. Was useless yesterday as well. You'd think she'd research what the show was about before going on. She comes across as a snooty cow as well.

I,m not absolutely sure she knows where she is tbh.

Masked Singer has been masquerading as TV here for 2 seasons already. I have seen 0 minutes of it other than trailers so it’s ambivalence from me here.
Delighted to watch reruns of the original Starsky and Hutch TV show. Forgot how much grittier it was at the start.

5 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

The best thing about the superb Columbo is that it's not a whodunit, it's watching the murderer slowly unravelling. 

Your spot on there.Also some of the great actors who play the murderers Robert Culp,Jack Cassidy etc. I,ll never tire of watching Columbo.

There were some decent deals on the complete Columbo box set in the lead-up to Christmas. Essential purchase.

You keep thinking you've finished watching, then right as you're about to eject the disc, you feel the need to watch just one more episode.

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

There were some decent deals on the complete Columbo box set in the lead-up to Christmas. Essential purchase.

You keep thinking you've finished watching, then right as you're about to eject the disc, you feel the need to watch just one more episode.

... and it's Dick Van Dyke as the baddie yet again! Sure it only had about 6 villains recycled, along with plot lines.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

... and it's Dick Van Dyke as the baddie yet again! Sure it only had about 6 villains recycled, along with plot lines.

...and that's welshbairn on the ignore list. Worse than t****** v*****.

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=5737013

I watched an episode of Colombo at the weekend. I had forgotten how good it is, particularly Falk but also the unusual nature of the crimes. Is it available via any of the normal streaming services?
I don't think so. You can pick up the boxset for about £30 though. I think the fact we know who the killer is gives Columbo great replay value so the boxset is well worth it.

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Is it ever not on the telly though? Don't get me wrong, it's perfect for a hangover cure on a lazy Sunday afternoon, but I can't see the point of  box set, that's what they invented ITV3+4 for.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

He was only the baddie once.

Mixed him up with the 3 Robert Culp was in.

MV5BMjE1NDg3NDMyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDU3Dick%20Van%20Dyke%20%20'Columbo'%20(1974

Surprised Patrick McGoohan was only in 4.

Actors who played the murderers in "Columbo"

Did anyone see Eat Well For Less earlier?

There was a youngish lassie on who was married with two kids but had never eaten anything apart from chicken nuggets, chips or really basic food.

Greg Wallace and the other guy were rightly concerned and made her try stuff. She’d never tried any fruit and didn’t know what a cauliflower was along with never trying fish or liking any spices. She had an issue with one of her kids being unwell but ffs, this is mental. Eating a grape as if it was something from another planet. 

Did anyone see Eat Well For Less earlier?
There was a youngish lassie on who was married with two kids but had never eaten anything apart from chicken nuggets, chips or really basic food.
Greg Wallace and the other guy were rightly concerned and made her try stuff. She’d never tried any fruit and didn’t know what a cauliflower was along with never trying fish or liking any spices. She had an issue with one of her kids being unwell but ffs, this is mental. Eating a grape as if it was something from another planet. 

That programme just makes me angry. I cannot believe the families they feature can actually be that hopeless and stupid. It must be actors they rope in to astound the viewers.