Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Anyone watched Top Boy before? Story of drug dealing gang in fictional London estate. First 2 series were on channel 4 then after a break of a few years a 3rd series starts on Netflix this week. I'd never heard of it until today but it looks like my kind of thing so i'll obviously be starting from the beginning.

Anyone watched Top Boy before? Story of drug dealing gang in fictional London estate. First 2 series were on channel 4 then after a break of a few years a 3rd series starts on Netflix this week. I'd never heard of it until today but it looks like my kind of thing so i'll obviously be starting from the beginning.
DeFinitely worth a watch.

For anyone  who missed this the first time it was on, here’s another opportunity to watch “The Last Breath”, the story of diver Chris Lemons’ remarkable brush with death. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0004y5s

Duncan Allcock’s full gamut of emotions and Dave Yuasa’s sometimes brutal pragmatism make it a compelling watch. 

• 2 weeks later...

BBC Breakfast spewing its pish about strictly for a good 15 minutes this morning.  Fucking drone TV 🤣

Then following that up with some immaculate unknown beard promoting the 'new' supermarket sweep. f**k! Off!! 

:)

1 hour ago, Trackdaybob said:

BBC Breakfast spewing its pish about strictly for a good 15 minutes this morning.  Fucking drone TV 🤣

Then following that up with some immaculate unknown beard promoting the 'new' supermarket sweep. f**k! Off!! 

:)

To be fair they have to fill in the time they would have used talking about how the Ashes are still up for grabs.

I’m really enjoying Billy Connolly’s Great American Trail.

Completely forgot about that.

A Confession with Martin Freeman was excellent, or at least the first episode was.

The thing that annoys me on telly right now is a personal bugbear. The number of twee acoustic “reimaginings” of upbeat songs used in bank and hotel adverts is horrendous.

11 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
14 hours ago, The Naitch said:
BBC Four are showing live coverage of Pet Shop Boys' headline set at Hyde Park tonight. That's my evening sorted.

Stumbled across this for a cringy 30 seconds. I thought Neil Tennant was a terrible singer 30 years ago. Dear oh dear.

It was just one song repeated fifteen times for an hour and a half.

Anybody been watching 90 day fiance? Mrs Scottsdad was watching it but it is weirdly compelling. Must admit it has hooked me a wee bit.

The guy Caesar, a middle aged, slightly chubby, flat broke American man has been "in a relationship" for 5 years with a blonde half his age from the Ukraine. They have never actually met (he is clearly being catfished). He sends her every penny he has. He wanted her to come to the US to meet him, but she said Mexico. So he booked a holiday in Cancun (she is dropping heavy, heavy hints that she won't actually meet him there). Caesar has brought along his engagement ring...and boxes and boxes of edible underwear. 

Hopefully tonight we'll see if she arrives.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Anybody been watching 90 day fiance? Mrs Scottsdad was watching it but it is weirdly compelling. Must admit it has hooked me a wee bit.

The guy Caesar, a middle aged, slightly chubby, flat broke American man has been "in a relationship" for 5 years with a blonde half his age from the Ukraine. They have never actually met (he is clearly being catfished). He sends her every penny he has. He wanted her to come to the US to meet him, but she said Mexico. So he booked a holiday in Cancun (she is dropping heavy, heavy hints that she won't actually meet him there). Caesar has brought along his engagement ring...and boxes and boxes of edible underwear. 

Hopefully tonight we'll see if she arrives.

What channel's it on?