Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

23 minutes ago, printer said:

I can't watch anything with Emma Thompson in it. Don't see the characters, just think 'there's f***ing Emma Thompson'.

Im like that with Scots Hollywood Star Kevin McKidd.

I dont see Tommy from Trainspotting, I just see Kevin from round the corner.

Watched The Hit List on catch-up. New music quiz hosted by Michelle and Marvin Humes(?). Actually really enjoyable. It's effectively Guess The Intro but it's better than the usual shite Saturday night TV dishes up.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Watched The Hit List on catch-up. New music quiz hosted by Michelle and Marvin Humes(?). Actually really enjoyable. It's effectively Guess The Intro but it's better than the usual shite Saturday night TV dishes up.

The way he pronounces forty as fourty is a PTTGOYN for me.

Amazon have dumped the entire series of Good Omens online in one go. Also, it appears from the first episode that they haven't entirely fucked it up. That's the weekends viewing sorted.
Just finished it and it was very enjoyable.
If more witches looked like Adria Arjona they would not have been hunted to extinction.

Also included a bit on the time that Top of the Pops had Dexys Midnight Runners on, performing "Jackie Wilson Said", and they put up a backdrop of Jocky Wilson [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]
I came across this article a while back written by Dexys band member Kev Adams. Turns out that it wasn't a mistake, the band asked for Jocky's picture.

https://technotik.co.uk/2010/04/07/taking-the-myth-out-of-dexys-midnight-runners-part-one-jockie-wilson/

Have watched some of the D-Day 75th commemoration on the BBC the past 2 days. Superb coverage & seeing and hearing some of the veterans stories has been very moving.
These old guys deserve all the plaudits going.

Absolutely. The BBC coverage has been great. Exactly the right tone.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
1 hour ago, Silverton End said:
Have watched some of the D-Day 75th commemoration on the BBC the past 2 days. Superb coverage & seeing and hearing some of the veterans stories has been very moving.
These old guys deserve all the plaudits going.

Absolutely. The BBC coverage has been great. Exactly the right tone.

Liked the old boy who did the tandem jump, joking that he had just sneaked out of his back door without telling his wife!

4 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Liked the old boy who did the tandem jump, joking that he had just sneaked out of his back door without telling his wife!

:lol:

There was a couple of real poignant scenes which stood out, the piper playing on the concrete dock exactly where Lord Lovat and his troops with piper landed. The old boy Frank standing up telling the audience how he watched his pals cut down by gunfire as they approached the beaches. Grim

Caught the tail end of a show called Hot Property late night on BBC1. I think it must have been a BBC3 show that is getting airtime. It was funny* - basic premise (woman sees the flats that 3 men live in, and picks one for a date). This week: Norn Iron, where the lassie (wid) chooses a guy who lives in his own filth. This place was an utter hovel. He didn't even clean the place for their date. The host of the show came in half way through the date wearing a hazmat suit. Strangely watchable

* I was pished

Shooting The Past currently up on BBC IPlayer

Stars Timothy Spall and written and directed by Stephen Poliakoff. Tells the story of a photographic collection which is in danger of being broken apart and sold. Might not sound that gripping but I can't rate it highly enough. Wonderful piece of drama.

Just finished watching the last episode of The Virtues. Harrowing subject matter, genuinely tough to watch in places, but absolutely excellent. Was only four episodes in, but was 100% invested in the characters, their back story and how they concluded.

Stephen Graham is, without question, one of the finest actors working today, and was absolutely exceptional in this. Niamh Algar who played Dinah was also excellent. Would thoroughly recommend.

There was a documentary on the Battle of Jutland on last weekend on BBC 4 which I found an interesting watch.   I had read a book or two on the same subject a number of years ago now but there was still a few things that I had not realised. 

On 6/1/2019 at 20:47, pittsburgh phil said:
On 6/1/2019 at 10:09, Bully Wee Villa said:
Another vote for What We Do In The Shadows. Brilliant. All of them are great but the female vampire is the best thing in it, IMO. 

They're all great. Colin the psychic vampire is also great. Matt Berry steals the show for me though.

Love this show! I've started calling people that bore me Colin.

On 6/3/2019 at 02:05, GordonD said:

Heard about a guy going round the doors saying his gang had been renovating a local hotel and they had a lot of high quality carpet material left over, and was the householder interested in buying it? Once they'd handed over the cash the carpet was delivered okay, but when they unrolled it they found it said 'PREMIER INNS' every few feet!

There was a story on Coronation Street years ago, where a character named Eddie Yates sold a carpet to the then landlady of the Rover's, one Annie Walker. The selling point being that it was monogrammed with her initials. The pompous Mrs Walker then invited her equally snobby pals round for a soiree and to show off the aforementioned rug. The punchline being that the monogrammed "AW" was also the logo of the local bingo hall, The Alhambra Weatherfield, from where Mr Yates had obtained the off-cuts.

Edited by Shotgun