Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

As I thought,  a really good, and at times touching, TV biography.
Bobby George : an obvious very good mate.
John  Lowe : respectful, but lukewarm.
Eric Bristow : dislike reeking out of him.

I thought it was superb. Warts and all programme and seemed to be an honest portrayal of the guy; he came over as exactly what he was and was graciously thankful for what life had (eventually) given him.

Truly one of our great sporting heroes.

Bristow came over as a right cant; no surprise there. I have a love for Bobby George though.

Quite enjoyed the virtues. Grim and superbly acted as expected.

That looked like a magic night in the boozer![emoji1]

To be fair if the ex was fucking off to the other side of the world with my kid I’d be going out and getting fucked up too.

Stephen Graham is absolutely in a class of his own just now. Seems like a good guy in real life too.

He does seem like a good guy tbf. Always came across as a chirpy, jovial but grounded kind of guy when he’s appeared on Soccer AM in the past.

He does seem like a good guy tbf. Always came across as a chirpy, jovial but grounded kind of guy when he’s appeared on Soccer AM in the past.

I read an article with the woman from the last Line Of Duty (the one that played Lisa McQueen) and she said he took her under his wing as a young actress and gave her the belief that she could do it as a career.

Hitler's Children - BBC 4, this was shown about a week ago. About the descendants of Goering, Himmler, Rudolf Hoess & Amon Goeth.

Fascinating, very moving hour of tv, it showed how they have or haven't coped with their inherited genes. 2 grandchildren of Goering opted to have themselves sterilized in order to cut the line.

Hoess' grandson visits Auschwitz where his grandfather was Camp Commander and his father lived in a luxurious villa metres from the horror.

Some programme.

Also included a bit on the time that Top of the Pops had Dexys Midnight Runners on, performing "Jackie Wilson Said", and they put up a backdrop of Jocky Wilson :lol::lol::lol:

Haven’t seen the documentary, but was this ever explained as to whether that backdrop was deliberate or a mistake?

On 20/05/2019 at 22:11, The Naitch said:

I've just caught up on the first episode of Years and Years from last week.

Absolutely brilliant and terrifying look into the near future. I hope the rest of the series is just as good.

Agree. Recorded the 1st two episodes & we watched them tonight. Really good so far, becoming pretty dystopian and not that far from the truth (so far)

12 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Agree. Recorded the 1st two episodes & we watched them tonight. Really good so far, becoming pretty dystopian and not that far from the truth (so far)

Having watched the 2nd episode last night, I agree.

Emma Thompson's character is absolutely vile and she plays it wonderfully.