Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

6 hours ago, ah-dee said:
6 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:
Like Navid in Still Game, Raymond's brother is one of the unsung heroes of sitcoms. 

yeah he is great. you get his stand up stuff on youtube and would recommend. sure his names brad garett??

He's the voice of Eeyore in Christopher Robin too.

5 hours ago, ah-dee said:

everybody loves Raymond. been watching it on and off for years and still unsure if it annoys or delights me

It's both. I think that's one of the reasons why Raymond works is because all of the characters are really flawed and not hugely likable, but they are relatable. Raymond is a whiny mummy's boy. Debra overreacts to everything. Robert is debilitated with jealousy and also crazy chin. Marie is manipulative and overbearing. Frank is an asshole. They all also have positive qualities, in that they all love their family. One of my favourite episodes of Raymond was the one where Robert learned that his parents had been lying to him all these years about his birthday to hide the fact that he was conceived out of wedlock. Brad Garret's face as he deals with this confusion was priceless.

Should never have won the Best Picture Oscar. It was up against Taxi Driver, All the President's Men and Network!!!
Oh aye, not saying it is the best of those but surprisingly decent, especially compared to the formulaic films to come. Although Rocky IV should have swept the boards come awards season, there needs to be a special Oscar for cheese, and for best training montage in film.

On 17/09/2018 at 23:43, jimmy boo said:

Reported Missing 3/4 tonight on BBC....most emotional thing I've seen for a good while.

Just watched it, brought back memories of searching for my Dad at all hours. When you think about it there are worse ways to go, getting a bit lost and confused, finding yourself back at the pub you used to go to with your husband, and nearby the barracks your brother served at, and lying down for a kip. She was almost skipping when she passed the the pub.

Watching the Kenny Rogers crawlfest on BBC4. Must be a bit shit having to be filmed watching you and your 5th trophy wife's obese twins being too fat to play table tennis. Seems a nice guy though.

Edited by welshbairn

14 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Watching the Kenny Rogers crawlfest on BBC4. Must be a bit shit having to be filmed watching you and your 5th trophy wife's obese twins being too fat to play table tennis. Seems a nice guy though.

Watching Kenny Rogers at Glastonbury a few years back was like a drunk grandad singing at the end of a family gathering.

I enjoyed it very much.