Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Enjoying  Andrew Marr's History of The World on BBC 4, 8pm Tuesdays.

Francesco's Mediterranean Voyage, 7.30pm, same channel, weeknights except Thurs and Fri I think. Smarmy Venezian historian sails from Venice to Istanbul, via Croatia, Albania, Corfu, Greece etc.

Beautiful stuff

Francesco's Mediterranean Voyage, 7.30pm, same channel, weeknights except Thurs and Fri I think. Smarmy Venezian historian sails from Venice to Istanbul, via Croatia, Albania, Corfu, Greece etc.
Beautiful stuff
His trip round Italy was an absolute joy - driving round in a convertible popping into some villages off the beaten track and ending up in his family's old hometown on Sicily. Didn't know he had another one so will check it out.

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 00:14, RosspCfc said:

Thought Jonnie Peacock's WDYTYA tonight was excellent. Good football story.

I caught a few moments of the show, which in isolation made him look a bit dim.

'They lived on Haddock Street'

'So they lived on Haddock Street?'

'This is Haddock Street'

'So this is Haddock Street'

I'm sure the rest was far more interesting.

50 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
3 hours ago, Silverton End said:
Beautiful stuff

His trip round Italy was an absolute joy - driving round in a convertible popping into some villages off the beaten track and ending up in his family's old hometown on Sicily. Didn't know he had another one so will check it out.

It only started on Monday night, so episode 3 of 12  tonight. 1st episode was Francesco just showing the viewer around Venice & his (huge) ancestral pile. So you've not really missed much.

30 minute episode just flies by.  8)

Read the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit when a child/20's many years ago, now randomly watching the Kiwi film versions. The time switching in the films is far more annoying than in the books. Currently watching The Return of the King and it's doing my head in, just get into one time stream and they switch to another.

P.S. It seems a bit human v zombies/nazis. Leni Riefenstahl would have made a great version of Germany v The Jews.

Edited by welshbairn