Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

26 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

He used to bang on about his favourite film being The Exorcist, and he rimmed William Friedkin at least 100 times in various documentaries and featurettes.

Haven't watched/read him since that particularly unedifying period, but I'm glad he's moved on, at least.

Half watched it but it's a bit demanding for a study of fucking rom coms. Next one's about heist movies, might close the laptop for that. Media Studies forum for this pish.

On 7/12/2018 at 14:12, Mark Connolly said:

Anyone else watching the second series of Ackley Bridge? Still pretty good.

The teacher Emma is a complete arsehole though.

Yeah, I have really enjoyed it. Still to watch Tuesday's episode, but been another good series. 

Find Emma an annoying arsehole, as well as the Head. 

Yeah, I have really enjoyed it. Still to watch Tuesday's episode, but been another good series. 
Find Emma an annoying arsehole, as well as the Head. 
im also really enjoying it. i cant remember the Pakistani mums name but i think shes a wid!

I've just watched the shankly documentary that was on the BBC last night.

Absolutely fantastic.

Anyone that doesn't understand the anger against modern football (and wants to understand it, rather than just slinging 'yer da' insults about) should watch it. Football has moved on, and there are some benefits - but we've definitely lost something.

26 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I've just watched the shankly documentary that was on the BBC last night.

Absolutely fantastic.

Anyone that doesn't understand the anger against modern football (and wants to understand it, rather than just slinging 'yer da' insults about) should watch it. Football has moved on, and there are some benefits - but we've definitely lost something.

Sadly “yer da” is the millennial’s go to phrase. 

No imagination.

Watched the first few episodes of Picnic At Hanging Rock. Think it's a Film Australia production but showing on BBC2. Some of the music and camera angles are a bit naff but

Natalie Dormer
nat-dorm.jpg

Samara Weaving, Madeleine Madden & Lilyu Sullivan

SHC-picnic-at-hanging-rock-cast.jpg

Lola Bessis

lola-bessis-bt-04.jpg?w=768&h=1024

mean you can watch it with the sound off and enjoy it just as much. 

That Stewart Lee show was amazingly good. As much as I enjoyed the intricacies of the script and the call backs and the second half starting like the first half, when he's pretending to hit his phone and his trousers fell down ... hilarious.

BBC Breakfast fawning all over the pish that is 'love island'. The sooner they go back to ignoring ITV and its pish, the better. Alas, I think those days are gone. 

Giving these non entities airtime is a fuckin disgrace. They can barely string a sentence together.