Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

3 hours ago, Silverton End said:

The Gentle Touch started the other night, blast from the past (circa 1980)

Sad to think Jill Gascoine is now 81 and suffering from severe Alzheimer's.

Just now, Lisa Cuddy said:

That was horrific. I very nearly threw up. Fucking horrible b*****d. 

He was so indifferent about it! Saying yeah I remember that but it was the drink and drugs etc what the f**k and a suspended sentence at the end of it all! 

16 minutes ago, Albertlegend said:

He was so indifferent about it! Saying yeah I remember that but it was the drink and drugs etc what the f**k and a suspended sentence at the end of it all! 

I'm a bleeding heart liberal. I'd still cheerfully pull the lever on that c**t. Sickening. 

I got it on Catch Up after reading how disgusted/enraged it made you lot feel. Safe to say it's not the same one as it was shit! It was about some guy and a young Bulgarian lassie. Obviously the one you are talking about isn't up yet.

Piper Alpha: Fire in the Night. Documentary about the Piper Alpha disaster that mainly focuses on the men that survived the disaster. With interviews with some of the survivors and the crew of the support ships that were involved in the rescue efforts.

Piper Alpha: Fire in the Night. Documentary about the Piper Alpha disaster that mainly focuses on the men that survived the disaster. With interviews with some of the survivors and the crew of the support ships that were involved in the rescue efforts.
The Piper stuff is utterly harrowing. More so if you work in the industry I suppose. But even more harrowing than that is that recent yeare have made it abundantly clear that major oil and gas operators still pay no more than lip service to safety and only forced changes in the design of these installations will prevent that many people losing their lives again. No doubt in my mind though that something will happen in the North Sea again soon though.

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 hours ago, ajwffc said:

The Piper stuff is utterly harrowing. More so if you work in the industry I suppose. But even more harrowing than that is that recent yeare have made it abundantly clear that major oil and gas operators still pay no more than lip service to safety and only forced changes in the design of these installations will prevent that many people losing their lives again. No doubt in my mind though that something will happen in the North Sea again soon though.

Grimbo got a job offshore then?

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I got it on Catch Up after reading how disgusted/enraged it made you lot feel. Safe to say it's not the same one as it was shit! It was about some guy and a young Bulgarian lassie. Obviously the one you are talking about isn't up yet.

That was last weeks. There's still a couple of repeats of this weeks to be shown, think there's one tomorrow at 10pm. 

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Mark Kermode's favourite film is Splash and he's watched it 100 times. FFS. How to kill a 6 part series in the first 2 minutes.

He used to bang on about his favourite film being The Exorcist, and he rimmed William Friedkin at least 100 times in various documentaries and featurettes.

Haven't watched/read him since that particularly unedifying period, but I'm glad he's moved on, at least.