Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Just watched An hour to catch a murderer on catch up. Amazing show. The way that the police can know wherever you are at anytime if you have a mobile phone just through the fact that it automatically logs onto each transmitter as you enter the area just shows that it is very hard to say that you were elsewhere at anytime. It could soon be almost impossible to commit a major crime and not get caught.

Just watched An hour to catch a murderer on catch up. Amazing show. The way that the police can know wherever you are at anytime if you have a mobile phone just through the fact that it automatically logs onto each transmitter as you enter the area just shows that it is very hard to say that you were elsewhere at anytime. It could soon be almost impossible to commit a major crime and not get caught.

Even if your phone is off it still registers from cell site to site.....which is a bit scary.

10 hours ago, supermik said:

You could leave it at home...

Started watching ATypical on Netflix last night, based around a young lad with autism who wants to start dating. Very funny, but at the same time very interesting to see how his family deal with the situations he gets into. 

Thoroughly recommend it. 

Caught the first Louis Theroux episode on catch up. Grim stuff.

The scene with the pregnant woman and her dad. Makes you thankful for what you've got.

I appreciate he's a bit marmite but I think he's really good at what he does. Prefer his serious stuff rather him just internally laughing at borderline lunatics.

Binged on The End Of The Fucking World on  All 4 over the weekend. Really enjoyed it, a dark comedy about two oddball teens who become friends and run away from home. Very dark at times but the acting from the two main characters was excellent. Well worth a watch.

What's worse than the BBC publicising one of their own shows as if it's actual news?

Publicising someone else's shows. I've just switched on the TV and they're banging on about The Great British Bake-Off, which is now on Channel 4 for f**k's sake!

I believe Mary Berry accidentally revealed the name of the winner on Twitter before the programme went out and lots of people have complained, as if it was important! "Sod the people killed in New York, my day has been ruined because I know in advance that Cookie McCookface has won the competition!" 

On 01/11/2017 at 08:52, GordonD said:

What's worse than the BBC publicising one of their own shows as if it's actual news?

Publicising someone else's shows. I've just switched on the TV and they're banging on about The Great British Bake-Off, which is now on Channel 4 for f**k's sake!

I believe Mary Berry accidentally revealed the name of the winner on Twitter before the programme went out and lots of people have complained, as if it was important! "Sod the people killed in New York, my day has been ruined because I know in advance that Cookie McCookface has won the competition!" 

Agree completely, wouldn't surprise me.if channel 4 deliberately put that tweet out, it gets everyone talking about it and some free advertising in the BBC just to remind everyone it's moved channels! 

11 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I don't mind it. Some of the better families were against each other so poorer ones went through and it's a bit nicey nicey but I quite like Nadiya and it fills a gap til Masterchef in some format returns.

Yeah, a bit too nicey nicey.

Masterchef: The Professionals is back next week so none of that nicey nicey shite from Monica and Marcus. Can't wait.