Battle of Brittain - Ross County vs St Johnstone

On a slightly related off topic point I'm in 2018 in my FM save and had agreed to sign Rooney on loan, but pulled out due to the massive £250k per month fee

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a slightly related off topic point I'm in 2018 in my FM save and had agreed to sign Rooney on loan, but pulled out due to the massive £250k per month fee

See, Uncle Roy would have bankrolled that deal.

My prediction is that Richie Brittain will appear to be absolutely SEETHING whether it's a win, loss or draw for Ross County.

Scores a goal he'll be upgraded to FUMING.

Pretty sure the bookies have already paid out on this one. Seethe is just what he does best. And that's saying something because he does some things quite well.

Pretty sure the bookies have already paid out on this one. Seethe is just what he does best. And that's saying something because he does some things quite well.

I actually really like him :lol:

Wanted Hearts to sign him for ages.

Incredibly angry though.

I'd quite like him to score and get it up the 12 St Johnstone fans that will attend though as some of their behaviour has been bang out of order.

I see Tommy Wright, after yesterday saying he wasn't going to change our style, is now admitting today in the press that he got it wrong on Wednesday.

"Maybe because of the United win, we tried to press high up the pitch. I will take responsibility for doing that and maybe we could have been more defensive.

"I think I have maybe encouraged them to play too much and maybe we have to be a bit more rigid and harder to defeat."

Personally glad to hear him saying that. If we don't spend so much time away chasing the opposition around the pitch, hopefully as well as frustrating them, we can get a bit more possession and maybe provide better options for the centre backs, either a ball to the full backs or into midfield.

Imagine he might make a few changes tomorrow after so many games in such a short space of time and wouldn't be surprised if Millar and especially Hasselbaink come back in. Maybe something like...

Mannus

Mackay - Anderson - Wright - Scobbie

Davidson - Millar - McDonald

Hasselbaink - Edwards

May

Subbies: Banks, Jahic, Miller, Brown, Wotherspoon, Croft, Fallon.

It's really reassuring to see him admitting his mistakes and that he's going to try and address it in a positive manner. Not like Derek Adams, who would just change his whole team if he felt like it. We can play well away from home, it's all about finding the balance we used to have.

Yip fair play to him. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same defence given those quotes hopefully playing deeper won't be at the much cost of our attacking play which was really good on occasions against Motherwell, A difficult balance to strike.

A difficult balance to strike.

It is hard and on one hand I do totally accept that. On the other it's over a year now since what was a decent away record began to falter, albeit he's got different players now to what he had then.

I don't see why he can't take the best bits of what we employed in Norway and Belarus and work from there though.

I am absolutely never confident about any league match but have a decent feeling about tomorrow. That pretty much guarantees defeat I suspect.

It is hard and on one hand I do totally accept that. On the other it's over a year now since what was a decent away record began to falter, albeit he's got different players now to what he had then.

I don't see why he can't take the best bits of what we employed in Norway and Belarus and work from there though.

I am absolutely never confident about any league match but have a decent feeling about tomorrow. That pretty much guarantees defeat I suspect.

And there's the problem, there's one massive factor that's missing and is most likely the main cause and that is Steven McLean being injured.

Yes, I know we were poor at times with him in, but I'm confidant enough to say if we'd had him we'd have done better and picked up more points. Not to mentioned have someone else in the team who can score goals and he's far and away our most creative player.

Despite Ben Gordon being vastly improved since the start of the season Oikonomou is the far superior player. I would think he would start. I think our midfield did well against Caley, but if Kettlewell is injured I think Tidser would come in.

I don't think you could describe our performance against Motherwell as 'too attacking'. May was completely isolated for large spells and none of the midfield are particularly prolific going forward.

We were just shite.

Theres no doubt in my mind the decision to drop Cregg, and the injury to MacLean, have affected our style away from home. We need Cregg as he's the only midfielder we've got who is willing to maintain his position in that deep role, he also possesses the ability to take the ball from the defenders and dictate the game, none of our other midfielders can do this to the same level. MacLean holds the ball up, links with the midfield and allows us to time to move forward with structure, theres nobody else in our squad with that ability.

We get away with it at home as teams generally play more cautiously, but away from home when they play further up and take more risks we struggle and the midfield gets bypassed as we have nobody between the defence and midfield and nobody between the midfield and attack. In my opinion anyway

I always find it bizarre that fans get so excited about players coming in who haven't trained with their new team mates, yet instantly fire them into their fantasy line up for Saturday!

Is there a guarantee that these players will gel immediately?

Archived